Books to Read and learn about Insurance?

Sason

Anyone recommend any books for me to learn about the business before I am in the office this coming new year? Thank you!

Tons.

But we have no idea of what kind of insurance you're selling (P&C or L&H), what kind of office you'll be in, what kind of people you're working with, and how you help people.

Just search the phrase: "insurance selling education" or other variations. You will see many resources including 360training and an-insurance-agents-career among others.

I compiled this list of 31 a while ago... it's truly in no particular order. If starting out... I'd probably start with Sell or be Sold.

I'd also add to the list - Deep Work by Cal Newport and Rest by Soojung-Kim Pang
  1. Bill Cates - Get More Referrals Now!

2. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-Direct Marketing Businesses

3. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Grassroots Marketing: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Take No Prisoner Guide to Growing Sales and Profits of Local Small Businesses

4. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Guide to Marketing to Leading Edge Boomers & Seniors: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Take No Prisoners Roadmap to the Money

5. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Guide to Maximum Referrals and Customer Retention

6. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Marketing to the Affluent: The Ultimate, No Holds Barred, Take No Prisoners Guide to Getting Really Rich

7. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Ruthless Management of People and Profits: No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Really Getting Rich

8. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Sales Success in The New Economy (NO BS)

9. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Guide to Time Productivity and Sanity

10. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Trust Based Marketing: The Ultimate Guide to Creating Trust in an Understandibly Un-trusting World

11. Dan Kennedy - No B.S. Wealth Attraction In The New Economy

12. Dan Kennedy - Ultimate Sales Letter

13. Darren Hardy - The Compound Effect

14. Darren Hardy - The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #JoinTheRide

15. David Sandler - You Can’t Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar, 2nd Edition: Sandler Training’s 7-Step System for Successful Selling

16. Gary Keller - The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results

17. George S. Clason - The Richest Man in Babylon

18. Grant Cardone - Be Obsessed or Be Average

19. Grant Cardone - Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life

20. Grant Cardone - The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure

21. Grant Cardone - The Closer's Survival Guide

22. Lewis Howes - The School of Greatness: A Real-World Guide to Living Bigger, Loving Deeper, and Leaving a Legacy

23. Mark Roberge - The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, and Inbound Selling to go from $0 to $100 Million

24. Michael E. Gerber - The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It

25. Napoleon Hill - Think and Grow Rich

26. Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That The Poor And Middle Class Do Not!

27. Ryan D'Agostino - Rich Like Them: My Door-to-Door Search for the Secrets of Wealth in America's Richest Neighborhoods

28. Sandy Botkin - Achieve Financial Freedom – Big Time!: Wealth-Building Secrets from Everyday Millionaires

29. Sandy Botkin - Lower Your Taxes - BIG TIME!

30. Thomas Freese - Secrets of Question-Based Selling: How the Most Powerful Tool in Business Can Double Your Sales Results

31. W. Chan Kim - Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant

Not insurance specific but applicable.

Wayne Dyer - power of intention Also How to be a No Limits Person (the audio sessions are killer)

Covey - 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Read The Art of SEO by Eric Enge and Stephan Spencer. Heard them speak once, amazing technical SEO information.

Landing Page Conversion by Tim Ash

PPC Search Marketing: An Hour A Day by David Szetela

I personally know all three of these gentlemen and can tell you that they are the real deal and great mentors.

Latest posts

Back