Brain Aneurysm... HELP!

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a client that had a brain aneurysm 4 years ago. 100% recovery. No stroke, meds, follow-up at all. Neurologist has given her a clean bill of health and written a lengthy explanation that she is a better risk than 5% of the population because he knows for a fact that she does not have any aneurysms, while 5% of the rest of us do and don't know it.

Anyway, Humana wants 5 years, World is saying standard after 3 depending upon documentation from the neurologist.

Anyone know what Aetna would do with this? They are telling me 48 hours on a pre-screen and I'd like to write this today.
I've never run into this situation before, but I'm leaning toward World.

This thing isn't going to sail thru underwriting in a matter of hours anyway, so what's the rush? My guess would be a decline but you never know with Aetna.

This thing isn't going to sail thru underwriting in a matter of hours anyway, so what's the rush? My guess would be a decline but you never know with Aetna.

True, but the client prefers to meet in person and will only be in town a couple of days. Waiting is not a big issue and I'm sure she'll do this over the phone if necessary, but I just wondered if anyone had any insight?

I find it hysterical that anyone that is a high risk candidate always gets the "letter" from the doctor stating how low of a risk they are.

Of course the doctor is going to say that! They're not the one's insuring the risk!

"My mechanic will swear that the car I drove into the river has no water damage". After he pumped it out, sprayed it with Bondo, and replaced the carpeting.

I find it hysterical that anyone that is a high risk candidate always gets the "letter" from the doctor stating how low of a risk they are.

Ain't that the truth!!!! I had a couple at the office today and she was talking about this little problem she had from hitting her head a few years ago and the internal bleeding into her brain and a few problems it caused. Has a doctor letter that said everything is pretty muck ok.

Of course the doctor is going to say that! They're not the one's insuring the risk!

"My mechanic will swear that the car I drove into the river has no water damage". After he pumped it out, sprayed it with Bondo, and replaced the carpeting.

This one can actually be backed up scientifically... There is no increased risk once you get past 6 months after something like this...

Back