Brand New Agent, Cold Calling Questions

beckymcohio

Dear forum participants,
As a brand new agent, I am interested in your opinions on cold calling with regard to the leaving a message if you don't catch someone by phone. Any advice on a message that might be more effective?

Kind thanks!
Becky

Dear forum participants,
As a brand new agent, I am interested in your opinions on cold calling with regard to the leaving a message if you don't catch someone by phone. Any advice on a message that might be more effective?

Kind thanks!
Becky

Yep my advice is to not waste your time leaving messages...it'll be very rare that anyone calls you back.

For the most part don't leave a message. However I do depending on the situation. If you leave one they may call you back. If you don't they surely will not. How often do you call a prospect? That makes a difference.

Good advice from you guys, but if you leave a message you have the possibility that you have someone respond. I personally would rather leave a text message because I get more response from people. It may be "stop texting me" or "I already have insurance", but I am getting more information.

I always leave a message. It's unlikely that they will call back but it does happen. On top of that I think leaving a message makes it a little more likely that they will pick up next time I call. I would rather be the polite and persistent guy who keeps calling them than the random phone number they get calls from. I never return calls when someone doesn't leave a message, and if someone doesn't leave a message I'm less likely to pick up if they call again and I remember them.

I've only ever been called back when curiosity gets the best of them after not leaving a message.

There are some phone solutions that include pre-recorded VM drops. I'd be interested to see if they get many return calls dropping a VM into every inbox without requiring any of the agent's time.

There's another factor that no one else has brought up yet. Call calling can get to us, all of us, rejection after rejection. If I have one interested person after 20 conversations, then I'm hitting 1 in 20. Now let's say only one in five of the calls got a live person, which is reasonable.

Now let's look at those new numbers. You left 100 messages, and had 20 conversations. So, you left a hundred messages and had 20 conversations. That's 120 times that you spoke in one form or another, and you only have one lead to show for it. 1 in 120 is going to wear harder on your psyche then one in 20.

I look at it like if they really aren't home and I leave a message, when they are home, they for sure aren't going to answer the phone. :yes:

Although if they haven't answered the phone after so many calls...what have you got to lose by leaving a message. :huh:

Back