Brand New Agent, Cold Calling Questions

Don't leave a message, you'll get more call backs from people calling you back out of curiosity. I cold called to build my business from scratch and it worked. Short and simple message, either they want to have a conversation or they don't. Most don't. Find a few each day that do. I even taught a webinar weekly for John P's IHIAA for about a year on the topic (how's that for a trip down memory lane!). I bet I haven't made a true cold call in at least 8 years. It's amazing how much easier this business gets over time.

I wonder how John P is doing? His posts really helped me out in the early years.

Hi new agent,

Get off cold calling as soon as you can. The scams and internet are making cold calling the most soul sucking experience in the world.

I don’t do it all for insurance. However, I’m a government worker that has been asked to call as part of their case and there are a good 10% of the people that think I’m trying to steal their ID, even when I never ask them for their info (because I already have it.)

All that being said, no message unless you two already have business.

Back