Brand New to the Forum and Insurance Industry

That's right folks, I am brand new here. I'm not even licensed yet. I'm doing some research on the industry and the endless income possibilities have me psyched. I'm looking into starting with a P&C License. Unfortunetly, I do not have the funds to invest in starting off as an independent agent as of yet, I have a long way to go before I can do that, probably 2 or 3 years. So I am currently prospecting local agencies to see if anyone will sponsor me, and offer me a good solid salary with a respectable commission contract so I can lay some solid ground and get experience under my belt before I move onto obtaining an H&L License. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Also, does anyone know if the P&C License is easily obtainable? I have some but not a lot of experience in the Mortgage Industry, and that industry is officially dead.

That's right folks, I am brand new here. I'm not even licensed yet. I'm doing some research on the industry and the endless income possibilities have me psyched. I'm looking into starting with a P&C License. Unfortunetly, I do not have the funds to invest in starting off as an independent agent as of yet, I have a long way to go before I can do that, probably 2 or 3 years. So I am currently prospecting local agencies to see if anyone will sponsor me, and offer me a good solid salary with a respectable commission contract so I can lay some solid ground and get experience under my belt before I move onto obtaining an H&L License. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Also, does anyone know if the P&C License is easily obtainable? I have some but not a lot of experience in the Mortgage Industry, and that industry is officially dead.

Sounds like a good plan just keep prospecting until you find the right IA.

P & C exam is a bit tougher than the life/health but that's not a bad thing...it narrows the competition for your job. One piece of advice from a P&C guy of 26 years... trying to jump into your own gig after 2-3 years as a producer has a very high fail rate. If you can find an agency that you might "earn" partnership in I think you'd be increasing your chances of success. Oh yeah, it's a lot of hard work..so don't believe those who think it's not:1wink:

Best of luck

If you can't find an Ind. agency willing to hire you, try one of the larger captive agencies. Sure, you don't own your book, but you can get some good training and get your feet wet on their dime. That's what I'm in the process of doing atm.

The IN P&C test was a bit rough. If too many candidates pass the test, they alter it and make it harder in order to not over saturate. Our test had a lot of inland marine and commercial, which I don't do and didn't study that material as well as I should have. Still passed first try though.

Lastly, the guys here are wealth of information. Use it.

To me obtaining a license for this is a scam. I can understand obtaining licensing for Mortgage Sales should be pretty straight forward concerning the amount of money you involve with your borrowers. But for insurance sales primarily your clients are only paying between $100-$200 a month. I can understand each state wants us to be knowledgeable with what we are selling but who wants to buy anything from anyone who doesn't know what the hell they are doing. It just feels like to me that this is just a new way for every state to make money.

I hope I pass the first time, I can't afford to not be employed right now.

I think the bar to get a license should be much higher than what it is.
I may only be spending a couple hundred per month but I am protecting hundreds of thousands per month.
I want an agent who knows what he is doing.

I think the bar to get a license should be much higher than what it is.
I may only be spending a couple hundred per month but I am protecting hundreds of thousands per month.
I want an agent who knows what he is doing.

Agreed, I've come across some some inept people just to discover they have an insurance producer's license.

Raising the bar wouldn't hurt anyone except the people who shouldn't be giving any financial advice. :1cool:

Then perhaps this industry is not for you.

But Bob, don't you agree that the entire insurance industry is a scam? The gummit can take care of us instead of the greedy insurance companies.

And don't get me started on why grocery stores can make a profit on a human need for food.

Rick

Yes Rick, the entire industry is a scam.

The only thing that is not a scam is Obummer. He is the real deal.

Back