Brand spankin' new from S. California!!

jdben92883

Hello all. My name is John. I am a mortgage broker and Realtor in Southern California. The mortgage/real estate industry is decimated and I've obtained my life agent license to supplement my income while we ride this several-year storm out. My license is 2 weeks young and my exposure to the industry has been limited to WFG and NAA. I'm not sure if these types of arrangements are the best to start off with, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Holy cow, Batman! What have I been saying?

First, welcome, and I hope this works well for you. Second, please use the search feature of the board, but be prepared with your anti-crosseyed reading glasses because there's about 50 servers out in cyberland storing posts on World Financial Group (along with that World Lending Group) and NAA. Another good site to get info from is ripoffreport.com, and you can add Primerica and Ameriprise to the mix.

Best wishes to you!

John:

Why not just call your current clients and ask them if they have reviewed their life insurance since they took out the new mortgage? If they bought from NAA, you can bet they are paying too much.

If their insurance is more than a couple of years old, they are also probably paying too much.

You can likely to better on your own than with one those organizations.

While you're at it, learn about health insurance and cross sell!

Rick

Holy cow, Batman! What have I been saying?

First, welcome, and I hope this works well for you. Second, please use the search feature of the board, but be prepared with your anti-crosseyed reading glasses because there's about 50 servers out in cyberland storing posts on World Financial Group (along with that World Lending Group) and NAA. Another good site to get info from is ripoffreport.com, and you can add Primerica and Ameriprise to the mix.

Best wishes to you!

LOL...makes me wonder what it really is that Mr. Bill has been saying!!

I'm not a real big fan of MLM and canned presentations/scripts. I also get REAL annoyed at the practice of "recruiting" others taking priority over selling product. What I have found useful, though, is the systematic approach to licensing requirements, testing materials, etc.

I now have to share some of the household's child-rearing responsibilities while my wife spends more time consulting (we don't do daycare) and I still have a small amount of work with my mortgage business. So I'm in an awkward spot of needing to make money, but still staying flexible enough to meet my other responsibilities.

My plan is to sell health products independently while I utilize a MLM company for its training resources. Once I'm more proficient in areas outside health, I will then feel more comfortable cross-selling other products.

I do have a decent client list built up from 6 years doing loans and real estate. I don't really want to blow my credibility and piss 90% of them off by suggesting they should join my WFG team when I haven't sold diddly for product or cashed any large WFG checks myself.

Thanks for the replies!!

John

I don’t like negativity, but I see it all too often in any field and I can sense it in the tone of emails when particular companies are mentioned. Tell me, is there any insurance company or financial company that doesn't have people who have crossed the line either ethically or lawfully. I'm not about bashing any company, I don't care if it is MLM or typical brick and mortar insurance or financial service company...they are all the same in the end and, yes, they all recruit new people..nothing wrong with that either.

A wise person once said, "Fools are always certain, but wise men leave room for doubt".

It comes down to a few things that are critical.
1. Are you ethical and lawful?
2. Are you out to make a buck or help your clients achieve financial stability and security?
3. Do you have competitive high quality products and services? There is no size fits all product or service.
4. Is they company sound financially?
5. Are customers serviced after being sold?

The following URL should prove to anyone that any company selling securites can have activities occur that are not legal or ethical. Insurance companies are no different. It all comes down the person.

http://www.stockbrokerfraudblog.com/

FINRA Home Page is another great place to look.

Respectfully,
Brad

Back