Brand Spanking New P&C Agent - My Journey

Russellearns

Hi, guys & gals just wanna say thanks for all the information there is to soak up on these forums. I have started a new job as a 2-20 P&C Agent for an independent agency with a salary + bonus structure in Fl. I started on the 1st and will be attending a training on the 6th! Been in sales for 8+ years but just recently left mobile cellular sales for verizon at full commision, although not bad there was no future! I have a great relationship with the owner of the agency and they are molding me to become a partner. The opportunity for this position that they have graced me with is quite awesome and seeing the potential to grow over the next 5-10 years is quite amazing, being that I had nothing to look forward to previously other than working 6 days a week to make 6K a month with no residuals and did i mention no weekends...lol what's that...anyways. The KEY to winning or whatever you wanna call it, seems to be in the residuals and growing the book of business with adequate follow up.

Keep in mind I have no insurance knowledge and have just started, I must say i'm hungry and as I grow my personal lines I'll be networking out to also hit the gravy of commercial!! Essentially my focus, but as I said earlier i've gotta walk before I run and as I continue to read on these forums and experience writing a policy, my hunger for learning the rite ropes and the goal of hitting 1M in Annual Policy is still priority. I would like to hold myself accountable to it, but as I go I know it's a slow run and with a due diligence to stay hungry I know I can do it. I would like to start a weekly journal possibly updating my experiences for the current week and what i've learned as I go. Keep in mind I am taking my final exam for the online course and registering for fingerprints and the actual test when I get back from training. Wish me luck and stay tuned as I log what I learn! :cool::swoon:

Hi, guys & gals just wanna say thanks for all the information there is to soak up on these forums. I have started a new job as a 2-20 P&C Agent for an independent agency with a salary + bonus structure in Fl. I started on the 1st and will be attending a training on the 6th! Been in sales for 8+ years but just recently left mobile cellular sales for verizon at full commision, although not bad there was no future! I have a great relationship with the owner of the agency and they are molding me to become a partner. The opportunity for this position that they have graced me with is quite awesome and seeing the potential to grow over the next 5-10 years is quite amazing, being that I had nothing to look forward to previously other than working 6 days a week to make 6K a month with no residuals and did i mention no weekends...lol what's that...anyways. The KEY to winning or whatever you wanna call it, seems to be in the residuals and growing the book of business with adequate follow up.

Keep in mind I have no insurance knowledge and have just started, I must say i'm hungry and as I grow my personal lines I'll be networking out to also hit the gravy of commercial!! Essentially my focus, but as I said earlier i've gotta walk before I run and as I continue to read on these forums and experience writing a policy, my hunger for learning the rite ropes and the goal of hitting 1M in Annual Policy is still priority. I would like to hold myself accountable to it, but as I go I know it's a slow run and with a due diligence to stay hungry I know I can do it. I would like to start a weekly journal possibly updating my experiences for the current week and what i've learned as I go. Keep in mind I am taking my final exam for the online course and registering for fingerprints and the actual test when I get back from training. Wish me luck and stay tuned as I log what I learn! :cool::swoon:

I'll say the same thing to you as I did that guy in that other thread Russell.

The title of your thread sounds like the name of a movie...when will it be released?:twitchy:

Welcome to the Forum and good luck on your journey.:yes:

Best wishes on your new path!

I think your post indicates awareness of one of the difference-makers for those who achieve serious success. Build habits and infrastructure, from the start, that maintain value-based contact with your existing clients -- even though the natural first-priority is building a client base.

Another clear "secret" of the super-successful is trust-based selling and relationship building. This industry's stories of lifetime client-agent relationships -- viewed as win-win both economically and personally -- are the clearest evidence that you have made a great career choice.

Best wishes!

Best wishes on your new path!

I think your post indicates awareness of one of the difference-makers for those who achieve serious success. Build habits and infrastructure, from the start, that maintain value-based contact with your existing clients -- even though the natural first-priority is building a client base.

Another clear "secret" of the super-successful is trust-based selling and relationship building. This industry's stories of lifetime client-agent relationships -- viewed as win-win both economically and personally -- are the clearest evidence that you have made a great career choice.

Best wishes!

Thank you so much for that post. I appreciate that, and will take that into consideration as I grow as an agent. #IMREADY

If there is any links for new agents that are really good reads, shoot me a PM or post

Back