Branding a Custom Leads Generation Site

blownpepper

We're in the process of creating a custom website for generating insurance leads. We intend to utilize it for quoting (I'm a captive Allstate Agent) and don't ever expect (but who knows...) we'll generate enough leads to be able to sell them. Do you recommend that our website is branded generically (ie talks about our state and what we can quote but doesn't mention our specific agency or location) or should we brand it with our agency name and location? I'm leaning towards a generic branding so that we can possibly pick up additional business in the state that may not be near our agency. I also think it will be easier if we end up selling the Allstate agency and opening an independent agency. Can anyone share their opinion on this?

Can anyone post up examples of good lead generation websites?

TIA!!!

I think you might be getting in a little over your head on this if you're thinking you can sell them. You can get setup as an affiliate and have the leads to go straight to a lead broker and that's probably the cleanest solution.

Have you generated leads from a website before? I think you are most likely putting the cart before the horse in that respect.

Why sell the leads? Partner up with another agency and do a split or hire more help to work the leads.

I actually said that I don't ever expect to sell the leads and we definately plan on quoting every lead that comes in.

I guess my primary question was clouded by mentioning selling the leads. My main question is how should the site be branded? Should it be generic or specific to our agency/location?

Thanks for your responses.

If I were you, I'd focus on the tightest geo area possible. The bigger area you target, the harder it will be to compete. You want good, relevant traffic that converts well, right? If so, stick locally. Especially if you don't plan on selling them.

There's a lot of money in lead generation. But, with opportunity comes great competition. Target your local town, and dominate it.

I actually said that I don't ever expect to sell the leads and we definately plan on quoting every lead that comes in.

I guess my primary question was clouded by mentioning selling the leads. My main question is how should the site be branded? Should it be generic or specific to our agency/location?

Thanks for your responses.

okay this is going to depend on are you targeting terms that Google local listings predominantly show up for?

If I were you, I'd focus on the tightest geo area possible. The bigger area you target, the harder it will be to compete. You want good, relevant traffic that converts well, right? If so, stick locally. Especially if you don't plan on selling them.

There's a lot of money in lead generation. But, with opportunity comes great competition. Target your local town, and dominate it.

Says the guy that wants you to buy a website with your zip code in it.

Personally, I have two states I'm targeting every city and every county in, but there isn't necessarily a "right" answer to this question. Each area is a bit different and in some areas it makes sense to brand locally, others not so much.

"Generically Branded" is an oxymoron. :)

If your site is just like all of the others, why would people choose you over all of the others? Target a specific market and then show on your site why you are the best to serve that market. People are going to buy from you because you're local, so don't throw that differentiator out the window by going generic.

I agree. Good advice. Work with another agency on leads you can't work or sell

Back