Breaking: 2015 OE Extended to 2/15/15

The ACA LAW defines 2015 O.E. as Nov 15th thru Dec 15th for a Jan 1, 2015 effective date.

Then HHS widened it to 11/15/14 thru 01/15/15 for a 1/1/2015 effective date.

So now it's a 11/15/14 thru 02/15/15 for a 1/1/2015 effective date???

Actually, ACA states Oct 15th - Dec 15th. It was pushed off 1 month to allow carriers to submit rates 1 month later (this May instead of April). All effective dates will not be retroactive and similar to how it works this OE period.

We get 30 more days to complete the impossible:

The administration also extended Obamacare's open enrollment for next year by a month—it now will run from Nov. 15, 2014, until Feb. 15, 2015—and gave insurers additional financial help to deal with costs from new ACA enrollees.

Feds give 2-year grace period for non-Obamacare plans

Pre-ACA can stay for 2 more years AND an extra month for open enrollment. Maybe tomorrow they'll exclude agent commissions from the MLR...

"If their states allow it"

Interesting. Guess we are still waiting on a state by state answer. This is kind of stuff that makes me crazy. CNBC or Fox announces that you can keep your plan through October 2017 and then I am flooded by emails and questions that start with "I heard..."

BTW...why can't the OEP deadline be December 7th, just like Medicare? Or change Medicare to Dec 15h. Whatever. Just make them the same. Are we trying to make this more complicated for people to understand?

All effective dates will not be retroactive and similar to how it works this OE period.

YAgents, Thanks for correcting/clarifying this. I was confusing the enrollment extension with the make-a-payment extension (the 1st one) to Jan 15th for a retroactive Jan 1st effective date this year.
ac

"If their states allow it"

BTW...why can't the OEP deadline be December 7th, just like Medicare? Or change Medicare to Dec 15h. Whatever. Just make them the same. Are we trying to make this more complicated for people to understand?

For the sanity of agents who compete in both markets.

And for the customers and carriers. Part timers for two months of the year creates havoc for everyone

Back