BREAKING! BCBSTN Pulling Out Of....

We must have been typing at the same time. Pretty well outs the nails in the TN agent coffin for the individual mkt

Question: who will be offering ACA plans on and off marketplace in TN? I'm a P&C guy so the little individual health that I've done is through BCBST. Of course, the two areas I work are the areas they are pulling plans. In all reality, if BCBST pulls broker commission, isn't everyone going to follow?

UHC has already pulled commission, so that pretty much leaves Cigna and Humana for those markets and if I am not mistaken Humana has whittled down plans so far there isn't much there anyway.

Yes, I assume that last man standing will cut or eliminate broker commissions. Why pay us when healthcare.gov can sign people up for free? (to the carrier).

Yes, the nightmare has already begun.

A local talk radio station 99.8 announced today that BCBSTN was pulling out of the market all together.

My phone has been ringing all day. Most of the calls have been in reference to MAPD plans, folks were worried they are gonna loose their Blue PPO.

Maybe this will bring in some new folks for MAPD and medicare.

Folks are gonna be in an uproar. I suppose referrals to the marketplace is going to be the norm.

Momma don't work for free.

Back