***Breaking*** Houston We Have a Problem.

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
I am well aware of the comp drops for SEP's across the nation with most if not all carriers.

What I don't believe I've seen here on the boards are what I've just confirmed with one carrier and am attempting to verify with all the other carriers we work with. As I get confirming information I will post.

So you have clients that have a 1-1 effective date and you're counting on the commission for the entire year....think again.

If the client has an SEP at any point and (Carrier has dropped commissions) HC.gov updates the application with a new effective date outside of 1-1 you've just lost comp for the remainder of the year for that client.

I've seen many post regarding new business SEP's outside of OE but none that have touched on existing clients who qualify for an SEP after the initial enrollment.

Now I am not new to being provided miss information by carrier reps but I confirmed on 2 separate phone calls to the first carrier and was placed on an extensive hold both times so they could ask their supervisors to ensure that they were not providing miss information.

More to come upon verification with other carriers.

----------

Verified second carrier......

After re-reading some of the carrier announcements, it appears that you are receiving the correct information, TKruger.

I am well aware of the comp drops for SEP's across the nation with most if not all carriers.

What I don't believe I've seen here on the boards are what I've just confirmed with one carrier and am attempting to verify with all the other carriers we work with. As I get confirming information I will post.

So you have clients that have a 1-1 effective date and you're counting on the commission for the entire year....think again.

If the client has an SEP at any point and (Carrier has dropped commissions) HC.gov updates the application with a new effective date outside of 1-1 you've just lost comp for the remainder of the year for that client.

I've seen many post regarding new business SEP's outside of OE but none that have touched on existing clients who qualify for an SEP after the initial enrollment.

Now I am not new to being provided miss information by carrier reps but I confirmed on 2 separate phone calls to the first carrier and was placed on an extensive hold both times so they could ask their supervisors to ensure that they were not providing miss information.

More to come upon verification with other carriers.

----------

Verified second carrier......

So if what you're saying is true.... if they call in to do an address change in say April they get a new effective date new eligibility letter carrier gets 834 file we lose the commission.

Well, even if they're not paying - some like UHC, Coventry/Aetna are requiring you to use paper applications & rate sheets. All online access to plan designs is not out there now - so you can't even show a customer something & say, call them directly to apply . . .they simply don't want any new clients in this segment.

Also, if a company folds and all those customers need a new carrier, those will be SEPs...

I hope our two main IL carriers don't go the 0% SEP route, because it's looking like our Land of Lincoln Co-Op may crash before the next open enrollment.

Also, if a company folds and all those customers need a new carrier, those will be SEPs...

I hope our two main IL carriers don't go the 0% SEP route, because it's looking like our Land of Lincoln Co-Op may crash before the next open enrollment.

OOhhh man if that happens I will have to down and buy a new phone with a new number.

Back