Brighthouse hybrid?

Saw an ad on TV this morning with Brighthouse Financial advertising their LTC hybrid UL product. Did a little reading that showed options for LTC growth as being with either equity indexed, 5%, or level LTC benefits.....

Anyone actually seen how this product stacks up to anyone else at this time. Thanks

Saw an ad on TV this morning with Brighthouse Financial advertising their LTC hybrid UL product. Did a little reading that showed options for LTC growth as being with either equity indexed, 5%, or level LTC benefits.....

Anyone actually seen how this product stacks up to anyone else at this time. Thanks

Herman, Anyone else being who? Other indexed UL policies with LTC riders?

Yes, you are correct. It has an EOBR. I will review it. It will be interesting to see how it compares with Securian, Lincoln and Pacific using the 6 year bp and 5% compound option. At least we will have an even playing ground to compare with the 5% compound option. I imagine all of the agents will use the indexed option though.

Yes, you are correct. It has an EOBR. I will review it. It will be interesting to see how it compares with Securian, Lincoln and Pacific using the 6 year bp and 5% compound option. At least we will have an even playing ground to compare with the 5% compound option. I imagine all of the agents will use the indexed option though.

Well if anyone can come up with a good comparison review, I know it will be you!!! :biggrin:

So far, I do not know what FMO even offers it......not sure how one contracts for it, or gets access to it at this time. Crump does Brighthouse, but not that product.

Well if anyone can come up with a good comparison review, I know it will be you!!! :biggrin:

So far, I do not know what FMO even offers it......not sure how one contracts for it, or gets access to it at this time. Crump does Brighthouse, but not that product.

My FMO has it or will have it. They asked me 2 months ago if I would be interested in writing it. I hope its good but I want guaranteed LTC benefits.

I will not be interested in smoke and mirrors.
Not from a publicly traded company.

I will venture a guess that its 5% compound design will be WAY overpriced, but that its indexed product with an assumed non guaranteed 6.5% credited interest rate will look great, while the policy will probably completely crater at midpoint assumptions. (sigh)

Lincoln Financial actually has a comparison available that stacks the MoneyGuard 2019 against the new Brighthouse SmartCare, Pacific Life PremierCare, Securian Financial SecureCare, and others. Their comparison uses the Indexed option. Form # for the comparison is LCN-2465964-031819 if you want to request it from Lincoln Financial.

Thank you Brittani.
Your mileage may vary, however I find Lincoln’s competitive intelligence forms to be entirely worthless and meaningless.

And this is not Lincoln specific. Every home office creates similar worthless competitive data forms.
Agents need to roll up their sleeves, and dive deep into the software, and actually read the specimen policy contracts to determine their clients best policy solutions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back