Brokers Are Locked Out of $$$

Broker22

Expert
It seems to me the Brokers are being kept from enrolling not only in the exchange but off exchange products as well. Some carrier sites with a color ,the applicants must call into the 800# and speak directly to a carrier employee/sales person. We (brokers) can't get a quote on several carrier sites for 2014 business. But they are selling direct. I think we are being kept out of the loop intentionally while the carriers pick the "low hanging fruit" . Some are still dragging their feet not releasing commission rates for 2014, butJust saw IBC offering 3.75% first year 1.75 renewal ! The agent portals do not interface with the FFM data hub among many other issues. CAN'T JUST BLAME IT ON THE GOV'T. CARRIERS ARE GIVING US THE SHAFT BIGTIME. Of course nobody at the carriers "know anything" playing dumb and blaming everything on the Fed Gov't is getting old. The major players have used every tactic in the book to keep us out of the loop. Color me as having one foot out and concentrating on MAPD 10-15-2013 while just trying to maintain my Individual book until 12-2014. I want to help people but sorry ladies and gentleman brokers I think we have been HAD !:no: Correction those IBC "commissions" are 3.4% for G
old & Platnum and 1.7% for silver and Bronze !

Last edited:
Commissions are great in Missouri. On exchange products anywhere between 5 and 8 percent. Not Anthem has never been a broker friendly company so that's not surprising. It was Anthem that pushed for the Reform and are opening up calling centers. Don't worry agents will still make a lot of money. Call your people get their info and wait to enroll them until it all gets figured out.

I don't know any 1-800 rep that can do what we do, legally or otherwise. Carriers and clients need agents that can give advice.

Rates are still being approved by the states, and uploaded.

Carriers cannot integrate with IRS data hub, including quoting engines and Ehealth.

It's called "change", and everything thrown together last minute. Everyone feels like a new agent in the biz, and relearning processes. Be flexible, or your dead in the water. Your opinion will be different by Nov 1st.

It seems the whole business of selling health insurance is going down the tube.

Hello Joshpeck, I am an agent here in Missouri. I have just gotten appointed with BCBS in Missouri and am having a hard time finding out commission schedules. You say commission is great in MO, but I cannot find out what they are and which companies are best? Can you give me a hand? Thanks

Latest posts

Back