Brown and Brown

piper5633

Hi I have an opportunity with Brown and Brown on the P&C side. They have a base of $40K, but I understand that the base comes with strings.

1. How is Brown and Brown as far as treating agents, residuals, etc.?

2. Can I keep a book with them or is it 2 years and then they let me go after I build a book?

3. Can I sell L&H (for lets say mutal of omaha) on the side if I work for them?

4. What is their reputation for the "non-compete" agreement ( I have heard some agents are not happy, but a lot of people are unhappy at a lot of firms). I know a lot of firms have a tough non-compete on the P&C side, especialy with a salary?

5. Would I be better off going with a Mutual of Omaha on the L&H side, go and to another independant firm on the P&C side (building a book) or going with a salaried position at Brown and Brown?

Thank you for your help.

I'm new to the forum. Did you get your answers? I have some of the same questions myself. Thank you, Lyn

May I suggest that you request this information IN WRITING to Brown & Brown and get your response in writing. If they are above board, I would assume they will gleefully answer your questions.

Ok...maybe not gleefully...maybe a bit reluctantly.

3. Can I sell L&H (for lets say mutal of omaha) on the side if I work for them?

4. What is their reputation for the "non-compete" agreement ( I have heard some agents are not happy, but a lot of people are unhappy at a lot of firms). I know a lot of firms have a tough non-compete on the P&C side, especialy with a salary?

Thank you for your help.

3. Do you honestly believe any P&C agency is going to let you sell other products on the side? It would be kind of like working at Starbucks but having a Seattle's Best pot of coffee that you serve yourself to certain customers.

4. Non-compete's are pretty standard. I can't imagine why a P&C agency would pay your overhead for two years while you build a book and then let you walk away with that book when it suits you. Whether or not a non-compete is enforceable, well that's a whole other ball of wax.

Latest posts

Back