Buffett Senior Healthcare

Is this an offshoot of National Agents Alliance?

Sounds like he means business.. :err:

Is this an offshoot of National Agents Alliance? Sounds like he means business.. :err:

Multiply NAA by 10 and your close. You know they're bad news when they've created several YouTube videos with names like "Buffett Senior Healthcare Fraud" and "Buffett Senior Healthcare Scam" simply to push all the fraud reports to the second page of Google.

The writing on the website is terrible. They need to recruit at least one copy writer to give the appearance of being a credible organization.

(sorry this is very long) I'm currently having a bit of fun with the Buffett enterprise. I little on my backstory, I'm a case worker by profession but had dabbled with insurance in the past. I've also made a rather sick hobby out of going through the various interview processes for several companies with no real intention of actually working there just to see how they act. Buffett...is....wow.

In order to work for them, the first step is to sign up for an initial web "interview", you are directed to make sure that you read their web site 100% before this interview as you will be asked questions during this interview and it is likely that you will not be considered for a position with them if you don't have a full grasp of who they are. Ok...so I played the game, read their web site...which contains a lot of the normal language and selling of their company including "unlimited income potential", 4 day work weeks, they stated that they sell the "best" products. And although not too much stressed they actually managed to fit in that they help people. What caught me as unusual was a strong sense of elitism on the website. It stated things like Buffett is too good to be true for most people, because they can't cut it. Their top employee (former model) who has been there less then two years has a video and statements attacking the government and people who receive government benefits. They attack whiners and belittle people that have "cubicle" jobs (which doesn't seem all that nice considering I imagine their call center would qualify as a cubicle job).

Anyway the next day I sat through the "web interview", which was presented as if it was a live broadcast (you even had to select one of the few available times to be present). There were 10 other names of "people" also present at the interview, and you could take certain actions at the press of a button such as doing a virtual applause, agreeing or disagreeing. It became quickly clear that the "interview" was not live, and that the other "people" present were not actually present...as all of them would applaud at the same time, or agree to the same things, and of course the speaker would never acknowledge anyone, not even when I disagreed or applauded at inappropriate times. At the end of the video, they give you a few questions to answers, such as what are the 5 best things about Buffett, and what are the most difficult sounding things about the job. I answered very critically, and certainly not enthusiastically, but shockingly enough in about 20 minutes I get a call telling me how impressed they were and setting me up for a 2nd interview with a territory manager that I could actually ask questions to. I should point out that during the video it merely repeated everything that was on the website, and again created the atmosphere of the few and proud that are chosen to join their team. Ok awesome.

This very kind gentleman calls me, tells me that I can ask questions at the end, and then begins to rehash all the same information previously stated on the website and the video presentation. He did go over how their agents are paid...which sounds...good of course. Including immediate weekly residual money on policies sold. They also offer some sort of weekly pay for the first 4 weeks, and "possible" expense pay. Because sometimes they will be sending you several hours away for their preset appointments, they also advised that it would be use to get a motel room at times, so as to not waste time driving 2 or more hours home every night. So at the end of all this I was allowed to ask questions. This very nice gentleman did not know exactly where I lived, what the territories were, explained that he is not a territory manager and doesn't believe they actually have those. He did not know the cost of licensing in my state, and was unsure about if a client was not home when a preset appointment was made if the agent would still be charged-oh yea....for every appointment that Buffett presets for you, you have to pay them 15 dollars...so at 3 or 4 appointments a day for 4 days week...whether the client is there, whether the client purchases anything, you are still paying that money. I then asked him why the initial interview was presented as being live but was not. He agreed that it was not live, but couldn't give an answer and commented that I was the first person ever to question this (?!?). So after asking several more questions of which he didn't really have answers to (mostly product details), and I again was incredible critical of their company, and again not in any way enthusiastic, he tells me that he thinks I'd be a very good fit for their company and he is willing to "go to bat" for me, with the next interview. He explained that the next interview is with their training company (which exclusively works for Buffett but is not owned by Buffett, and does their training through a web program). After this next interview if I'm selected, I will go through I believe a two online training, and then meet with a field trainer for two days supervised work (after I hope, obtaining my licenses). Before the end of the conversation he went on to say that it was very competitive and that many agents could be going for the same territory, so I stopped and asked him how many applicants that make it to this stage are not chosen. He seemed somewhat wrong footed and said that he could not give me a number, or a ballpark percentage or even tell me if it was a lot or a few. However, he then said that most people that have made it this far are likely to be selected. (contradicted himself within 3 sentences). And keep in mind, he still didn't know the territory I'd be working in. Just that there was a high need in that area. So I agreed to let him "go to bat" for me, when he had just told me I was likely to be accepted and I'm now set up for my 3rd interview. I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few things...I remember that he couldn't tell me their turnover rate, but claimed that he believes 70% of people hired stick with the company (which I would find shocking), and did explain that their numbers stating the average 1st year worker making 88,000 dollars does not include anyone that stays for less then a year. He also said that they focus on one time visits and closes, except for going back to sell the clients additional products, but said that they do not use any pressure tactics. They tend to focus on the rural population, as he said they are not bombarded by as many agents, and have a greater need. My favorite part was probably when I told him that I'm very concerned about ethical practices within companies, and he told me that he has been around for awhile and that this is a very ethical company so I don't have anything to worry about there. LOL...yup I'll just take his word for it.

So that's where I'm at right now...I kind of plan to play this out as long as possible, although I saw that the next interviewing manager had tried to call me already and I somehow missed the call...so I'm sure with stiff competition, that they won't have time to call me again.....riiiight. I expect to hear from them again tomorrow and see how this all plays out.

So...sorry for the long winded nature of my write up, but my take on this company is very similar to the bad taste left in my mouth from working for Bankers for an incredibly brief time. A lot of hype, a huge amount of selling themselves, and a heck of a lot of shady company history. They also wouldn't even send me copies of the policies. The gentleman was very nice that I spoke with and I know he was just doing his job, and he promised that the next person I speak with would be able to answer most of the questions that he couldn't....we shall see.
I just did the webinar with them & you are absolutely correct, I sat there and said, this isn't live and noticed that all the hand responses were at the same time. I also was taken aback by the statements you also pointed out, "The job being right for you" "You may not make it" etc. and it was very wordy & winded, I popped off about 35 minutes and started doing other things while I let it play in the back ground and it was extremely repetitive.

Wasting the valuable time of other people as a "sick hobby" doesn't seem like an especially admirable character trait. And the pay is lousy.

i dont think they had much valuable time anyway, so theirs was not wasted. On the other hand i appreciate the head's up, just saved 2+ hours of my time, which I on the other hand do consider valuable.

Im tired of wasting time listening to FMO's who go on and on and on pitching some BS marketing scam. Anyone around this business after 5 yrs knows exactly what Im talking about

As a current employee, I want to give my honest opinion of Buffett Senior Healthcare. I have been with the company for 3 years. In that time, I have seen them help a lot of seniors. We receive thank you cards from them daily. Their agents come to the office regularly for training, and I can tell that some agents are better than others. The good ones make a lot of money, treat the people in the office nicely, and do a great job. The ones who don't, I suspect, end up posting negative things online when the job may have not been the best fit for them in the first place. The company is doing a lot of good for a lot of people.

Back