Building a Life Insurance Website

Are you calling to sell over the phone, or are you primarily selling face to face?
I NEVER sell face to face. The stories I hear about the time, money, and effort required to do face to face, well, I ain't doing it. One of my brokers still does some of his own stuff on the side - two months ago he came home with fleas. No thanks.

You're actually raising a very good question though, something that the industry routinely mixes up. Lead gen is one process. Sales is another process. Application is another. They are not necessarily tied together. We do lead gen on the web and sell nonface to face. We could just as easily generate leads from direct mail and still sell nonface to face.

This is important because nonface to face sales are not the same as face to face sales. Many successful face to face advisors can't sell over the phone. I excel at nonface to face sales but am the kiss of death for face to face sales.

Keep in mind that it's not "I have a website, they will come." The SEO is what's even more important and good SEO doesn't come cheap.

Rick

Keep in mind that it's not "I have a website, they will come." The SEO is what's even more important and good SEO doesn't come cheap.

Rick

No it doesn't come cheap. I had an insurance agency (one you'd all know) years ago tell me to just give them a figure for me to do their SEO. And this guy had the financial wherewithal to do it. At the time I was pushing top of second page in the U.S. for short tail keywords. He would've paid 6 figures, and I wouldn't have done it for less. I declined mainly because I didn't want my entire income dependent on one source.

However, SEO is important, but.....
Lets say you have 100 visitors generating 10 leads generating 2 sales (and those numbers are in the 'hood of being real life). Want to double your sales? Most people jump over to higher rankings, to bring in 200 visitors. But it's far easier to tweak your website to double your conversions from 10 leads to 20 - and it's all in your control and you can start today.

For most people they can get spectacular results simply by looking at their home page and saying 'am I asking for the sale?', is the request for their phone number the most visually important element on the page? If not, make it that way. Way easier way to generate more leads than doing SEO.

very good advise here. having a website is just the beginning. the information in it must be unique. and the website may be relevant today but if you don't keep it up to date, relevant then it is just money wasted. Don't get me wrong buy a well design website is well worth it... but unless you get the seo then you will suffer a slow death.
other options you may use to get your site build are elance.com freelancer.com and upwork.com
for content writing you can use iwritter.com or hirewriters.com. although i recommend writing your own content.

these options may be cheaper if you choose the right guy but may be more expensive if you messed up. if you find a good guy then you could even turn around and upsell his /her services to this forum :-D or you can go the easy way and use jroot. the do it yourself route can be pain in the a....

No it doesn't come cheap. I had an insurance agency (one you'd all know) years ago tell me to just give them a figure for me to do their SEO. And this guy had the financial wherewithal to do it. At the time I was pushing top of second page in the U.S. for short tail keywords. He would've paid 6 figures, and I wouldn't have done it for less. I declined mainly because I didn't want my entire income dependent on one source.

However, SEO is important, but.....
Lets say you have 100 visitors generating 10 leads generating 2 sales (and those numbers are in the 'hood of being real life). Want to double your sales? Most people jump over to higher rankings, to bring in 200 visitors. But it's far easier to tweak your website to double your conversions from 10 leads to 20 - and it's all in your control and you can start today.

For most people they can get spectacular results simply by looking at their home page and saying 'am I asking for the sale?', is the request for their phone number the most visually important element on the page? If not, make it that way. Way easier way to generate more leads than doing SEO.

We actually put our web site together so that our clients could see that we have a presence on the web. I have not done any SEO because we already have strong lead sources and I only do Face to Face. Just not sure I can write 350K+ a year of FE over the phone, like I do in person!

Anyway, here is the wix web site I put together. What would you suggest I do if we decided to try to drive traffic to it?

thanks in advance

ufesonline

Agree 100% with WW - Local + long tail - that's all you need to know when it comes to marketing your site. Lots of courses online can teach these. Yes. I've met a lot of great people from this forum (in person, by phone, by email) and I'd be happy to. I'll post in the offer sections next week with a discount. If you want to take action now, shoot me a PM and I'll send you one.

What about forum members that also have you as the term upline? Double discount?

Do you only do term sites? Obviously if you quote the lowest (term) rates you will get the most conversions, I assume.

Anyway, here is the wix web site I put together. What would you suggest I do if we decided to try to drive traffic to it?
1) the visually most important page is that mile high rotating picture. It's pointless. Where you have that picture, I have a variety of quoting forms.
2) 'fill in the info for a free quote', I'd find some stronger motivation to fill out the form than that.
Just not sure I can write 350K+ a year of FE over the phone, like I do in person!
Pretty sure you can. The sales process is different that's all.
Obviously if you quote the lowest (term) rates you will get the most conversions, I assume.
Not neccessarily. That's part of it, but not all.

For example, I have acres of authority content on my website. Long articles that I wrote personally. 2000 words along starting from YRT and ending up at UL. 1500 words or so on how to calculate income replacement.

People researching life insurance on the web, some of them take the time to actually read it. Then run quotes. Then I call, and they're already on board. I routinely get people mentioning that they're dealing with me because of my content.

NEVER use someone else to write your content. All those freelancers are the kiss of death for your website. You write the content, on what you're expert on. And don't just write on '10 year term'. Write on stuff like '10 year term renewals, guaranteed vs. current vs. re-entry'.

I don't write professionally. I write colloquially. You don't have to be a lit major to write articles.

We actually put our web site together so that our clients could see that we have a presence on the web. I have not done any SEO because we already have strong lead sources and I only do Face to Face. Just not sure I can write 350K+ a year of FE over the phone, like I do in person!

thanks in advance

ufesonline

your site lack content. good news is you actually have a niche. So
1 focus on writing good content focusing on FE. who are typically your clients. what are their problems. why would one not be able to get FE.. what can you do to help. Why can you help when others can't ( expertise... )

write one super size article. maybe you can write the essence and use one of the article writing sites i posted earlier...... content content content...

2 ll of that means nothing if your page cannot convert. so you might wanna look at improving your landing page. go on fiverr and see if you can get someone to design a landing page for you. ... you know about drip marketing.. well now you might need be into email marketing.. offer something of value as to why someone would enter their info... right now your page give me nothing ... offer some kind of free report....

2: get a facebook, twitter, linkedin, pinterest... google + instagram... and any other social media you can think about... when you post on your site make sure to update those.
3: post other articles on ezine, go articles and any sites that will let you post articles.
4: Go on fiverr.com and search for SENUKE. use one of those guys that have good rating...

again all of this might mean nothing if you cannot convert.

these are just rapid fire step ... call it a primer on seo. there's a lot more to be done... that might not be someothing you have the time to do so check elance and the other sites i mention to see if you can higher someone on the cheap to keep doing it for you . or hire someone that has the experience here.

There's another option that I would like to draw to your attention, that I think is not an either/or, but a both/and.

Agents who subscribe to Compulife get 3 free zip code listings at Term4Sale - Term Life Insurance Quotes and Comparisons. Our experience is that those 3 listings will produce one to two email contacts (from consumers wanting to buy life insurance) per year. While that may not sound like much, the consumer contacts are the REAL DEAL and you can read more about agent's experiences here:

Compulife Testimonials

The first comment on the listing was added this week - it's genuine, we do not do made up stories.

The typical agent pays Compulife $180 per year for that subscription to the software, and that comes with the three free listings at term4sale.com. We start new customers off with a 4 month FREE subscription, assuming that they are willing to do a 10 minute tutorial/exercise. That exercise will let the agent demonstrate that they have learned how to build and email a comparison spreadsheet (the instructions are in the email we send to the new agent).

Right now we are making a special offer to subscribers. If they refer someone to Compulife, we are providing their referral with free service to the end of 2015 - 6 months instead of 4. And the reward for the referring subscriber is another free zip code listing, FREE to the end of 2017. Because those who purchase additional zip codes pay $1.25 per month for those zip codes, the referring agent gets a $37.50 value for their referral, regardless if the referred agent buys or not (they must do the tutorial).

If you don't subcribe to Compulife, but would like the free for 2015 deal, then send me an email at: [email protected]

and say that you saw the offer at the Insurance Forum. I'll honor the free for 2015 offer, and consider you MY referral.

Incidentally, the Compulife web quote option for the website, is also free for 2015, just ask for that option as well. For those who want to buy it, it's is an additional $96 per year over the cost of the basic subscription. The Compulife web quote option allows you to add more than just term to your site. See an example here:

Life Insurance Quotes

Make sure you check out all the categories of insurance.

NOTE: Not all companies are turned on at the termsampler site. The agent gets to pick and choose those he/she wants in their quotes, from our total of over 100 different life companies.

your site lack content. good news is you actually have a niche. So
1 focus on writing good content focusing on FE. who are typically your clients. what are their problems. why would one not be able to get FE.. what can you do to help. Why can you help when others can't ( expertise... )

write one super size article. maybe you can write the essence and use one of the article writing sites i posted earlier...... content content content...

2 ll of that means nothing if your page cannot convert. so you might wanna look at improving your landing page. go on fiverr and see if you can get someone to design a landing page for you. ... you know about drip marketing.. well now you might need be into email marketing.. offer something of value as to why someone would enter their info... right now your page give me nothing ... offer some kind of free report....

2: get a facebook, twitter, linkedin, pinterest... google + instagram... and any other social media you can think about... when you post on your site make sure to update those.
3: post other articles on ezine, go articles and any sites that will let you post articles.
4: Go on fiverr.com and search for SENUKE. use one of those guys that have good rating...

again all of this might mean nothing if you cannot convert.

these are just rapid fire step ... call it a primer on seo. there's a lot more to be done... that might not be someothing you have the time to do so check elance and the other sites i mention to see if you can higher someone on the cheap to keep doing it for you . or hire someone that has the experience here.

Here's my contrasting opinion. I wouldn't do ANY of the above. Every bit of it is crap.

Lol at SENUKE. The people I know that do SEO for a living haven't touched that kiss of death in 5 years, maybe longer. Thanks for the memories.

----------

but if you don't keep it up to date, relevant then it is just money wasted..
This myth was busted in the SEO community a long time ago. My articles haven't changed in years.

A lot of this nonsense will rarely work for a short period of time in non-competitive sectors. The insurance industry is not a non-competitive sector. It's one of the most competitive sectors there is

That's why you do long tail and local search. There's lots of room to move on long tail. And local search? You have the advantage in local search because Google knows your physical location.

One of my brokers does his own local SEO and does well. He tells me he gets 3-5-leads and calls every week, again for a city of about 150,000 to 200,000 people.

3-5 free, quality leads every week. It's not a living, but it's a start.

Back