Building a Life Insurance Website

How would these websites work in the Medicare supplement field?

I would like to one day add a stream of renewal income to my FE sales. Last year I tried to sell Medicare and FE at the same time during AEP. It was a great learning experience, but I didn't make a lot of money lol.

I was selling 2 Supps a week, but couldn't divide my time well enough to do both FE and supps.

I'm toying with the idea of learning what you need to know to sell MA. I already have a decent BOB to mine. Then during AEP ( next year) do Medicare all AEP and build some renewals.

So again, would a website like this work in that field? Or is it too saturated by the major players?

And local search? You have the advantage in local search because Google knows your physical location

What would stop someone from trying to dominate local search in an area where they don't have a physical location by getting a virtual office to make Google think they have a location there?

I have my doubts about someone using local search terms for life insurance. But for short tail and long tail life insurance keywords I have no doubt that those types of keywords have traffic. So what I would really like to know about is are there actual people online looking for life insurance and typing into Google the city they are located in along with their keyword... For example: "life insurance Dallas". Personally, If I was in need of life insurance, here is what I would type into Google... 'need cheap life insurance' or something similar. However I don't think I would type in the name of the city I am located in, when looking for a life insurance policy to purchase. However, I would if I was looking to buy auto insurance or home owners insurance though. No doubt. Because I want to do that type of business with someone local.

What I would like to know is... do any of you guys who track stats and keyword analytics, know for sure if local people use the name of their city when searching Google for any type of life insure policies to purchase or get more information on?

I have my doubts about someone using local search terms for life insurance. But for short tail and long tail life insurance keywords I have no doubt that those types of keywords have traffic. So what I would really like to know about is are there actual people online looking for life insurance and typing into Google the city they are located in along with their keyword... For example: "life insurance Dallas". Personally, If I was in need of life insurance, here is what I would type into Google... 'need cheap life insurance' or something similar. However I don't think I would type in the name of the city I am located in, when looking for a life insurance policy to purchase. However, I would if I was looking to buy auto insurance or home owners insurance though. No doubt. Because I want to do that type of business with someone local. What I would like to know is... do any of you guys who track stats and keyword analytics, know for sure if local people use the name of their city when searching Google for any type of life insure policies to purchase or get more information on?

I'm a novice at all this but I think the idea of a local search is that google knows where you are at. I don't think they have to add their city name. But I have been wrong before ;)

I have my doubts about someone using local search terms for life insurance. But for short tail and long tail life insurance keywords I have no doubt that those types of keywords have traffic. So what I would really like to know about is are there actual people online looking for life insurance and typing into Google the city they are located in along with their keyword... For example: "life insurance Dallas". Personally, If I was in need of life insurance, here is what I would type into Google... 'need cheap life insurance' or something similar. However I don't think I would type in the name of the city I am located in, when looking for a life insurance policy to purchase. However, I would if I was looking to buy auto insurance or home owners insurance though. No doubt. Because I want to do that type of business with someone local.

What I would like to know is... do any of you guys who track stats and keyword analytics, know for sure if local people use the name of their city when searching Google for any type of life insure policies to purchase or get more information on?

Google will tell you how many people are searching the terms you want.

In answer to your question on how many people are searching for local life insurance.... not as many as you think. If you are good you might get one lead a week out of 100,000 people in your general area.

This is not an area to dabble in. Either go big or go home.

I'm a novice at all this but I think the idea of a local search is that google knows where you are at. I don't think they have to add their city name. But I have been wrong before ;)

People search on everything. *everything*. And looking for a local broker is common, not uncommon. And if Google thinks a local result is better, they will boost you to the front page. Ever seen the 'local listings' with a map on Google? Those results are helicoptered in to the front page and dropped right into the middle of the organic results. THey do that for a reason - local search is a big deal. In fact, I'd be that google cares more about local search and mobile than they care about the regular organic listings.

I think I already mentioned that one of my brokers gets 3-5 leads a week in a city of about 150-200K people. So there's a real life example of what's possible.. And he gets phone calls. Phone calls are great leads.

As for setting up virtual offices to game the system, I'm not an expert on local search however the dablling I've done makes me suspect that it won't work. I suspect a decently linked website done properly can get ranked for one local result. You start trying to rank for multiple locations, you're going to need the backlinks and authority to justify it. State Farm can do it. My website will actually do it to an extent. But a standard broker's website, I think it won't work.

Anyway, long tail and local seo are a start. Figure that out first, start getting some leads. Then move on to more leas.

As for other insurance types - absolutely set that up. Niche sites are great, they produce great leads. And there are people searching on this stuff - doesn't matter what it is. that's what the long tail is all about.

----------

re: local search. Here's an example of how big a deal it is for Google (and thus for you if you're getting in to web leads):
https://www.webmasterworld.com/google/4751787.htm

Google just released a new feature that does stuff depending on where you are located when you do a search. That's an SEO forum new post this week.

Don't dismiss local search. It's your easiest way to web leads. And personally, it's the area I'm exapnding into in 2015-16.

You should seriously consider a free site from http://www.crappyinsurancesite.org (***) - it comes with quote engines- it is good at collecting client info - and you can easily put on your own domain - Free is a good price - I know Bob Barney is crying piracy - Even Bob admits that the data is not coming from his system. - There is no need for your to spend money for a worse site. - *** is free. Free agent website with life quote engines[/url]

Other than *** being run by a lowlife thief who hacks other websites and then brags about it and spams the members of those websites. *** agent websites look like sh#t.

Back