Building an Agency

HarryDaBroker

Expert
I'm now to the point that I don't have enough time to follow up on contacts and referrals. I am looking to build, but not sure as to what type of agent to look for. Being that I have just under 2 years in, should I look to recruit a noob fresh out the box, who will require a great deal of hand holding or should i go after a seasoned agent who will probably know more than me, but will have to be retrained to do things my way?

Also, I only do groups with 50+ employees, but get a lot of requests for individual products which i just pass up. Would it be a good idea to open up to individual markets as a starting point for a new agent then move them up to group which is a harder sale?

Any opinion is appreciated.

If you do not have an assistant I would hire one and shovel off as much of the paper work, service work, and administrative that I could and I would concentrate on selling. Bill Good says to have a computer person (data entry, information gathering, paperwork processing, and administration), an appointment setter (appointment setting, cold calling, etc.) and yourself (selling). This is the ideal team.

thanks for the input and I like that strategy, but my issue is needing an agent to go on appointments. I do have an administrator, but need an extra body to hit the streets.

I had a few interviews today and I think I'm going the rookie route. The 2 seasoned vets I met with today are just too smart for me.

Who's Bill Good?

thanks for the input and I like that strategy, but my issue is needing an agent to go on appointments. I do have an administrator, but need an extra body to hit the streets.

I had a few interviews today and I think I'm going the rookie route. The 2 seasoned vets I met with today are just too smart for me.

Who's Bill Good?

I always like the "too smart for me" type agents. They let you know how little you really know." :SLEEP:

I prefer green agents. It may take more training but you can teach them your way instead of trying to teach them a different way.

Who's Bill Good?

Bill Good is a trainer and an author. He has two very good books:

Hot Prospects: The Proven Prospecting System to Ramp Up Your Sales Career
Prospecting Your Way to Sales Success.

I always like the "too smart for me" type agents. They let you know how little you really know." :SLEEP:
indeed:yes:

I prefer green agents. It may take more training but you can teach them your way instead of trying to teach them a different way.
i think that's the route im going to go...

Bill Good is a trainer and an author. He has two very good books:

Hot Prospects: The Proven Prospecting System to Ramp Up Your Sales Career
Prospecting Your Way to Sales Success.
if its at b&n, im gonna buy it tomorrow.

Back