Building and Managing Benefit Administration Systems

John Robinson

Hello Insurance Community,

I have been working in and managing company Employee Benefits for the past 5 years. During this time, I have learned the ins and outs of building and managing Benefit Administration Platforms such as Employee Navigator, ADP, Paycom, and Ceridian Dayforce. In addition to these skills, I have developed a strong understanding of the employee benefits themselves, mainly worksite voluntary benefits, and other group benefits such as Medical, Dental and Vision. I am looking to break apart from the current agency I work with to develop my own company by partnering with Brokers to help move their block of business to a technology platform, such as Employee Navigator. I have strong relationships with several HRs now and support them daily with the technology platforms when questions or issues arise. I believe this is a service a lot of Brokers are needing in these times with technology being a driving factor in this business now.

My wife and I are looking to relocate from VA to possibly TX, but the services I can provide Brokers and their clients in my opinion can be handled remotely, so ultimately I could service Brokers all over the country from my home. A lot of Carriers and Ben Admin Systems today offer these types of services, but they are not as hands on with their clients and Brokers on a day to day basis and their costs are typically high. This is just from my experience throughout the last few years.

I would like to have other opinions from professionals in this field to see if this type of position/help is something your agency has thought of investing in and partnering with. My fees would be based on number of employee heads managed on a PEPM basis (Per Employee Per Month).

I am excited to head in a new direction and I appreciate any feedback. This is the first forum I have posted on, so I am just getting my feet wet.

Thanks!
John

Back