Building Rapport With Clients

It seems to me that folks are falling into this cheapest is best mentality... wonder if they buy toilet paper like this... perhaps that's how they choose their child seats... dog food... clothing... vehicles... restaurants...

Shall I go on???:skeptical:

I guess the cheapest insurance only comes from the best agents...:fibs:
I'm frugal, but I won't buy cheap toilet paper for several reasons. :confused:

Not to disagree with you, but a convertible term's value is in the permanent plans it can be converted to... which is how whole life insurance can be cheapest long-term as premiums will equal cash values at about year 10.

Ben Feldman is far more eloquent than I am: Start at 12:04

$10,000 premium - show him that there's no equity the first year - If you died you wouldn't want a refund of premiums, you'd want a payment of proceeds. You're not afraid of it once you know what a life insurance contract is. Commission + reserve in the 1st year. 2nd year on what he pays in piles up. End of 10th year - worth $80k? Shows a difference of $20k. $20k / 10 years = $2,000 per year of cost at year 10.

Not to disagree with you, but a convertible term's value is in the permanent plans it can be converted to... which is how whole life insurance can be cheapest long-term as premiums will equal cash values at about year 10.

Ben Feldman is far more eloquent than I am: Start at 12:04

>> End of 10th year - worth $80k? Shows a difference of $20k. $20k / 10 years = $2,000 per year of cost at year 10.

I used to do a one page proposal that showed that v Term.

Worked so well I stopped doing.

It is all about building relationships. Find out what they like to do and let them talk all about it. Then, keep in touch with them. You need many touches before you get the business.

I have found that using an online tool that can personalize real greeting cards and gifts and mail them out for you is a great way. Birthdays and holidays are two obvious times to send out cards. You can also spice it up with just "thinking about you" touches.

Everyone loves receiving a surprise in the mail that isn't a bill! Here is the link to the tool that I use. Use invitation code TRUSTEE to check it out for free.

BannerSeason™ - Win The Moment

No CC required to check it out.

I learned to properly ask for referrals a long time ago. Not just ask for referrals, but PROPERLY ask for referrals. All my clients now are by referral, so the issue of building rapport, along with a lot of other challenges, disappeared some time ago.

I learned to properly ask for referrals a long time ago. Not just ask for referrals, but PROPERLY ask for referrals. All my clients now are by referral, so the issue of building rapport, along with a lot of other challenges, disappeared some time ago.
Hey Mark, by PROPERLY asking for referrals, do you mean that you use the word please when asking for a referral? :huh:

As far as that building rapport stuff...sorry, but I can't stand rap music!!! :no:

I worked with a guy years ago who trained sales people. His territory was FL where, according to him, everyone had a fish (taxidermy) on their wall. He built rapport by starting a conversation about the fish.

What a great fish. Tell me about how you caught that.

One day he walked into a house. No fish. The first words out of his mouth were "Where's your fish".

You either have an inane ability to engage people in conversation or you don't. I suppose it can be learned but the truly great sales people I have worked with just had a knack for initiating conversation and getting folks to open up.

If you need a fish to start a conversation you are completely lost

Latest posts

Back