Building Your OWN Book of Business

That's not what is generally meant by a "conflict of interest". Conflict of interest is more along the lines of an agent working as a w2 employee for a carrier and then independently selling another carrier. Competing priorities aren't really a conflict of interest.

Here is a better explanation: Conflict of interest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is what i was thinking but maybe it didn't come out that way.

That is what i was thinking but maybe it didn't come out that way.

But NWM doesn't do P&C and Allstate barely sells life insurance. Taking a job with Allstate and State Farm, now we have more interesting situation, but the portfolios of the two companies are so different it's negligible.

I've worked for both a captive p & c company (american family) and captive life (axa). Captive life have no interest in prop/cas and it was okay to sell that as outside business. Allstate I know is like Amfam - they sell life insurance and are very anal about you selling anything other than their products - especially life.
In addition, if you are at NWM you may be able to sell other companies life through a network, but that business is still no yours - if/when you leave you leave it all behind and start over.

Back