Busines Reply Address

timeflies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have decided to do my own mailings instead of buying from a mail house. I know its a lot easier to just purchase direct mail leads, but I used to mail my own lead piece several years ago and the response rate was much higher than the return I get when I use the mail houses. My question is this: Should I use my own business name on the BRM envelope, or just have it addressed to something like "Insurance Services"? The mail houses use something like National Processing Center, which is not personal at all. So would my response rate be higher if I used my business name or not? I already have several mail houses as resources so I don't need any pitches from other vendors. I can usually get around 2-3% from the ones i use, but doing my own gives me a lot more flexibility.

I am considering doing this myself. I would keep it general if you are using a reply envelope. If it were just a post card they had to send back I wouldn't think it would make much of a difference but the extra step of having to put the piece into an envelope would give more attention to where and who the mail is going to in my opinion.

I purchased a mail box from UPS and used my name but that address (not a PO Box) and the return was much better. Looked like a personal letter.

You used the street address for the location of the Post Office? And the Post Office let you set it up that way?

Back