Business Building - The Best of the Best

GXR2

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
To all IA's: If you could choose only one business building effort, which one has proven to be the best activity to generate new business for you? Be specific.

I wasn't quoting *Wolf* of Wall Street.

However in all seriousness's the best business building effort is smiling and shaking hands with centers of influence

Networking & referrals.

I don't like "cold lead generation" because after working in L&H that bought leads, conversion and more importantly in P&C, retention, was not great at all. Plus it's people usually shopping purely by price. Sorry, but I'm not gonna stick you with the state minimums just to beat that other agency down the street that you're gonna call by $20 per six month term. That's not fair to you and that's not fair to me.

So I would pound COI's. There was a recent thread about Realtors and mortgage brokers. I would also get good with processors and mortgage closers that I found out is a thing. I want to start pounding lawyers and accountants and advisors too. Because if you're talking to a lawyer, or accountant or an advisor, it means you're not price sensitive to the amount of $100/yr. And it also means you'll pay your premiums. Plus these are the types of people that buy "toys," like dune buggies, jeeps, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles. etc.

And for the record...financial adviser referrals are BETTER then real estate referrals. I myself want to transition into this market & let my real estate leads be handled by a producer. They are tedious, time consuming & just an overall grind.

I've built my whole book on them & it's a great method of business. BUT...Financial Adviser business is just easier. There's no making certificates for closings, closing date changes, inspection issues (at least not as many.) I think it would be a bit harder to generate the same volume of leads...BUT...I'm going this direction.

If you're going to build your networking presence in real estate, you will need cocaine for sure (or you'll have to drink a majority of the week.) Hookers will be a must as well.

And for the record...financial adviser referrals are BETTER then real estate referrals. I myself want to transition into this market & let my real estate leads be handled by a producer. They are tedious, time consuming & just an overall grind.

I've built my whole book on them & it's a great method of business. BUT...Financial Adviser business is just easier. There's no making certificates for closings, closing date changes, inspection issues (at least not as many.) I think it would be a bit harder to generate the same volume of leads...BUT...I'm going this direction.

If you're going to build your networking presence in real estate, you will need cocaine for sure (or you'll have to drink a majority of the week.) Hookers will be a must as well

I mean, that doesn't sound like such a bad deal. Don't know if my wife will like that though. :laugh:

Maybe better I stick with FAs. I had my 6-63 at one point. Still do, just not appointed with a B/D anymore. Wonder if mentioning that would hurt or help my chances of getting in with FAs?

Back