Business Cards For Independent Insurance Agents

helpusave

Expert
As an independent insurance agent, can I put on my business card that I'm a "Professional Financial Planner"? What do you put on yours?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Re: Business Cards

As an independent insurance agent, can I put on my business card that I'm a "Professional Financial Planner"? What do you put on yours?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

>>can I put on my business card that I'm a "Professional Financial Planner"

Are you?

>>What do you put on yours?

My Name.

Nope your not suppose to according to my CE ethics course. Your title is a insurance agent, or broker weather it be health/life insurance.

Define FP:
A financial planner or personal financial planner is a practicing professional who helps people deal with various personal financial issues through proper planning, which includes but is not limited to these major areas: cash flow management(I don't help with that), education planning( I don't help with that), retirement planning, investment planning(I don't help with that), risk management( I don't help with that) and insurance planning(I help with that! :), tax planning(I don't help with that!), estate planning(Maybe!) and business succession planning(Only if someone dies!) (for business owners).

My phone number.

My name.

My license # (being in CA).

Title? NO ONE CARES!

BTW, the term "Financial Planner" is unregulated. You can help in all those areas that elitemind mentioned - EVEN if you're not licensed. How? Get someone who IS licensed in those areas. You help coordinate the relationship - and THAT is part of "planning".

Just order some cards and start COLLECTING cards to follow up on. No one will care about your card... only that you gave the person one as part of your introduction.

Business cards?

Yeah I got boxes of them in a couple of different drawers of filing cabinets. All of them are outdated...I'll get on that, at some point. Maybe when I'm not busy enough to worry about business cards...

You know what's more important than your business card? Your prospects' business card.

"Shucks I forgot my card, do you have one? Perfect, yup with your e-mail, ok I'll e-mail you."

Perfect

You actually have to e-mail though.

I put "Financial Mastermind Extraordinaire Maestro To The Stars" on mine.

It works well with my Levis and Grateful Dead t-shirt.

Back