But They LOVE Customer Service... (weekend Discussion)

Probably the biggest objection I and my callers get is that they love the customer service they get from their med supp company. I don't think they realize that the companies that are often defending the most happen to be on the state DOI's insurance radar and has documented proof that they have more complaints than any other company in the state.

How would you (or would you even) bring up the fact that these companies have the most amount of complaints in the state? I certainly don't want to take the position that they are wrong and I am trying to smear this in their face, but I want to enlighten these people that even though they have experienced customer service from this company, it doesn't have a very strong track record of giving it to everyone.

Now I know it says somewhere in the Medicare and You Guidebook that ALL companies must pay the claims submitted to them (not sure where, I will have to look unless someone enlightens ME).
How do YOU like to handle this objection?
Appreciate the discussion, and looking for responses from Tins, Sai, Rick, Sman, Scott etc.
Thank you:idea:

Last edited:
I wouldn't bring up a companys complaint record. Usually the company with the most complaints is the company with the most clients. Really the only objection I get about service is how well they pay claims which is easy to overcome. If a client is getting great service, it is coming from the agent, not the insurance company.

Really the only objection I get about service is how well they pay claims which is easy to overcome.

And how do you easily overcome this?

fyi I looked in the Medicare and You Guidebook and Choosing a Medigap Policy and I couldn't find anything.

fyi I blocked Paul a long time ago, I saw he responded but can't see his response...ahhh that's nice:biggrin:

I'd be willing to bet the greater of SAI's annual income or $10 (so it will be $10) that the client NEVER has received any good or bad customer service from their med sup client. What they are really saying is "they pay all the bills and I never pay anything so they're even better than FDR."

Just explain that the reason the company is terrific is because they have to answer to Medicare. They all pay their claims promptly because they have to.

Then point out that you are real customer service representative. You can be reached without them waiting on hold.

Rick

Probably the biggest objection I and my callers get is that they love the customer service they get from their med supp company. I don't think they realize that the companies that are often defending the most happen to be on the state DOI's insurance radar and has documented proof that they have more complaints than any other company in the state.

I totally disagree with this notion.

Regardless, no insurance company should beat YOUR customer service. That's the real rebuttal.

If need be have a couple of clients you can use as references to validate your claim.

Back