Buy Term & Save The Rest . . .

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
So - let's say a 30 y/o couple with 2 kids wants immediate Term Life insurance protection for their Family - $Million$ on the Main Supporter and $250k / $500k on the Other, both with the standard Child Rider and Living Benefits for 25 / 30 years.

How can they "Save The Rest"? Not so much "investing" unless there is a way with ZERO risk of losing the principal . . .

Talking about a middle income household.

Not so much saving for retirement - just saving to handle their Funeral & Final Expenses when the Term runs out . . .

I need to be able to refer these cases to a CFP or someone.

Thoughts?

How can they "Save The Rest"? Not so much "investing" unless there is a way with ZERO risk of losing the principal . . .

Talking about a middle income household.

Not so much saving for retirement - just saving to handle their Funeral & Final Expenses when the Term runs out . . .

You're talking about a blended policy: a small WL/IUL with a larger term rider. When the term rider expires (usually no longer than 20 years), the permanent plan will continue on.

...or keep the term @1m, so you can take advantage of the breakpoints. The BP price savings put towards the permanent policy.

You're talking about a blended policy: a small WL/IUL with a larger term rider. When the term rider expires (usually no longer than 20 years), the permanent plan will continue on.

any advantage / disadvantage to having separate Term and IUL policies?

...or keep the term @1m, so you can take advantage of the breakpoints. The BP price savings put towards the permanent policy.

Can you explain BP and why it's important?

Compensation advantage to you to put the entire policy on a WL or IUL chassis than doing it separately.

It's actually 'banding' that at different face amounts, you pay a little less per thousand the more face amount you buy.

A breakpoint (BP) is a discounted rate per thousand once the face amount reaches a specified amount. Example: A base rate of $1.00 per thousand would go to .95 cents at 250k face amount, .90 cents at 500k, .85 cents at 1m., etc.

Compensation advantage to you to put the entire policy on a WL or IUL chassis than doing it separately.

It's actually 'banding' that at different face amounts, you pay a little less per thousand the more face amount you buy.

Thanks . . .

IUL's seem to have many moving parts. I'm going to have to study and learn about them.

Might have to check into learning about the different IRA's too.

A breakpoint (BP) is a discounted rate per thousand once the face amount reaches a specified amount. Example: A base rate of $1.00 per thousand would go to .95 cents at 250k face amount, .90 cents at 500k, .85 cents at 1m., etc.

Ok - gotcha . . .

Back