Buy Term & Save The Rest . . .

Nope. And I'm not going to explain it to you.

See, that's the other advantage to real estate. You could have marched off in a huff and slammed the door. Can't do that with a life insurance policy.

Plus all the tax deductions, write offs and other stuff I won't even get into. Or should I say,
"I'm not going to explain it to you".

See, that's the other advantage to real estate. You could have marched off in a huff and slammed the door. Can't do that with a life insurance policy.

Plus all the tax deductions, write offs and other stuff I won't even get into. Or should I say,
"I'm not going to explain it to you".

Do you advocate a young couple buying a nice 20 - 30 year Term for a $Million$ or more?

Do you advocate a young couple buying a nice 20 - 30 year Term for a $Million$ or more?

What do you mean by a "nice" 20-30 term for $1mil or more?

I would need to know a lot more about their situation to say what I would suggest. Why are they buying life insurance? What are their goals? Mortgage, child, children, parents, funeral costs? What is their budget? Where are they already investing? What are their horizons? How do the options compare? How is their health? There are rare situations where people are unwilling or unable to invest the remainder, and spending the additional amount on permanent life for mediocre low risk returns make sense. Or if investors want to balance out their portfolio, then it makes sense.

I actually did meet someone who a permanent policy made sense. He made good money, but ultimately refused to put and leave his money in sensible conservative investments. He further refused to let an expert help him invest properly. So, he let a life insurance agent talk him into a whole life policy. I guess that was the best, or, least bad option for him.

I just don't see very many situations where the extra costs justify the small returns, except of course to line my pockets with juicy commissions. I encourage them to save up for a down payment on a house or put a little each month in an index or mutual fund instead. That will make them far more in the next 20 or 30 years than spending that money on a permanent policy.

Again, I just look at myself and my parents, and everyone else I know that invested using some level of intelligence. I started investing in my early 20's. Sure, a couple of the things I invested in went down, but if I have listened to a life insurance agent back then, I would have less commas in my net worth today.

Once again, I am sure you can find some situations where people invested poorly, trying to get rich quick, playing flip flop games with real estate, or other nonsense to justify a permanent policy.

I would need to know a lot more about their situation to say what I would suggest. Why are they buying life insurance? What are their goals? Mortgage, child, children, parents, funeral costs? What is their budget? Where are they already investing? What are their horizons? How do the options compare? How is their health? There are rare situations where people are unwilling or unable to invest the remainder, and spending the additional amount on permanent life for mediocre low risk returns make sense. Or if investors want to balance out their portfolio, then it makes sense.

I actually did meet someone who a permanent policy made sense. He made good money, but ultimately refused to put and leave his money in sensible conservative investments. He further refused to let an expert help him invest properly. So, he let a life insurance agent talk him into a whole life policy. I guess that was the best, or, least bad option for him.

I just don't see very many situations where the extra costs justify the small returns, except of course to line my pockets with juicy commissions. I encourage them to save up for a down payment on a house or put a little each month in an index or mutual fund instead. That will make them far more in the next 20 or 30 years than spending that money on a permanent policy.

Again, I just look at myself and my parents, and everyone else I know that invested using some level of intelligence. I started investing in my early 20's. Sure, a couple of the things I invested in went down, but if I have listened to a life insurance agent back then, I would have less commas in my net worth today.

Once again, I am sure you can find some situations where people invested poorly, trying to get rich quick, playing flip flop games with real estate, or other nonsense to justify a permanent policy.

Investing in Real Estate sounds nice - but, how does a 30 y/o couple do that with as little as $300 - $500 to spend / invest?

How would "parents" be part of their "goals"?

I'm trying to keep this as simple as a Term and IUL with "living" benefits for the average young couple or young person with children.

Life Insurance should be used during your "life" - not just for others gain when you are dead . . .

Simplicity is often the best policy... confused clients rarely purchase...

So $300 - $500 to invest?

Save that each month (or put it in a cd) to put towards a down payment on a house.

Or put it in a conservative Fidelity or Vanguard fund each month.

While some life insurance agent might not get to make a juicy sale, this young couple will build much more towards their retirement this way.

Save that each month (or put it in a cd) to put towards a down payment on a house.

While some life insurance agent might not get to make a juicy sale, this young couple will build much more towards their retirement this way.

You don't know what you don't know.

Work toward a good balance... the what if... and the what when. But a conversation with the clients to discuss the expectations they have along with their view of risk...

I would add... as agents it's our duty to help the client choose... but it's not our job to choose for our client...

Educate into a sale... educate through a sale ...and educate out of a sale.

Back