too much uncertainty, too much volatility, too many free leads coming, etc
but im a junkie for the deal
i cant help myself
im 5 whiskeys in and looking at the gal at the end of the bar
so be gentle with me as you tell me NO

but, here's my logic,,,

guy wants 1.4X
seems pricey for now
but most of it MED supp (non obamacareable)
or under 65 is upper income (non subsidy)

this seems to insulate from the risk
(my thinking is less commish inevitability washes with increased premiums)

so slap me sober, or tell me to buy that gal a drink

Well, you answered one of my questions........you're a male.

Book of med supp sounds good.
Higher income side of book will be lost unless you can build a relationship with them before Oct. May be a good opportunity to roll them to a carrier that will keep rates the same through 12/2014, and of course cross sell life, etc.

To me, it's all about being able to build a relationship quickly, otherwise consider the client lost.

1.4x seems high

Med supp = good

Higher income in U65 only insulates you from having to work with the exchange. It doesn't mean you won't lose the case. Can you buy those U65's on a contingency basis, or else buy the remainder of the book without buying the U65?

You will also want to be sure to tell those grandfathered high income clients to hold onto their plan. Find out how much is GF vs. NON GF.

not so fast
we in CA, so guys buy guys drinks and gals buy gals drinks
and, agrreed, relationship building a priority
but even in its absence where will they go?
wont they just stay put?
i will, of course, put in an intro clause and start the relationship
but even if i lose them all in a year or two (under 65"s),
it still seems worth the "cost of whiskey"

not so fast
we in CA, so guys buy guys drinks and gals buy gals drinks
and, agrreed, relationship building a priority
but even in its absence where will they go?
wont they just stay put?
i will, of course, put in an intro clause and start the relationship
but even if i lose them all in a year or two (under 65"s),
it still seems worth the "cost of whiskey"

well... to keep using the "bar" mentality.... lets look at what time it is. Its about midnight (June, you wont have this thing done until then) and you aint even danced with the chick yet and you are thinking you gonna "pull" her out of there?... you got 1 hour and unless you are have an amaizing trick or she is desperate and ugly you aint pulling her.

Why will they deal with you? because you bought the biz and have been getting a commission for 3 months? remember, you will be calling these people 3 months after you bought it....

I say go home and watch a girly flick....that bar just was not for you

Tater, you make me laugh.

Kahlestyle, I'm not diminishing your ability to use amazing tricks to get the girl in the last hour, but my money is on the probability that she is "desperate and ugly" in TaterPeeler's words.

PS - why haven't we thought of using "bar language" before, when we needed to be cryptic?

Tater, you make me laugh.

Kahlestyle, I'm not diminishing your ability to use amazing tricks to get the girl in the last hour, but my money is on the probability that she is "desperate and ugly" in TaterPeeler's words.

PS - why haven't we thought of using "bar language" before, when we needed to be cryptic?

because I have the copyrights on being cryptic....... my comments just make you think in a very sick way about the truth

but she's got a great body (med supp)
and sure her face is lacking (u65)
but whats my worst case scenario if i take her home? (break even?)

i know how to close her, by just asking questions about herself (due dilligence)
and at the very least ill get some kisses ( .6 before the end of the year)
but i may get a marriage out of this thing ( 3 yrs plus on the books)
even if i long for my single days after i marry her (too much work)

Back