Buying a Domain name

You might get a better name if you search for an abandoned domain name. I used deleteddomains.com to find some of the domains I have.

I didn't comparison shop, so there may be better sites to use to find abandoned domain names.

Using deleted domain names is good advice. Get a domain that's relevant, has some age on it, maybe even PageRank and you'll get better rankings in the search engines.

I notice that site costs about $10 for a one-week subscription. I'm wondering if I would find something in a month...or two.

One week should be plenty of time. I found my last 5 domains in 1 or 2 days on that site. You can do a search for abandoned domains with that have "insurance" as part of the name. That will give you a relatively short list to work with. There might be some more advanced search functions as well. It has been a while; I don't remember it that specifically. I do remember finding what I wanted with minimal effort.

I didn't register the domains with them though. I just found the sites there then I used the service I use for my other sites to register the domain names.

The last time I used the site I found:
best-health-insurance-quote.com
automobile-insurance-now.com
cheaper-insurance-online.com

Last edited:
Back