Buying Coffee Like Obamacare

One comment even went as far as to say Obamacare lowers prices by creating more competition and by providing health insurance with no profit motive....All good except drum roll please most states have fewer carriers on their exchanges now and as we all know premiums have risen.

Nice try Norway Guy. Everyone knows premiums are higher now because insurance company profits are through the roof.

I read that on the internet earlier today so it must be true.

I was told by a low information voter, the reason for the high deductibles on all these plans are the fault of the republicans...

When I told her the republicans all voted NO on the bill, it didn't faze her..

Lefties are in denial.

About the president.

About Obamacare.

About health insurance.

Facts don't impress them.

Lefties are in denial.

About the president.

About Obamacare.

About health insurance.

Facts don't impress them.

That's just the middle to middle right left.....and politics is all about the details......

The far left wants to tear down PPACA and have single payer. Remember what Howard Dean said after the ACA passed? He was against anything that lacked a "public option" aka single payer. At least he was honest about wanting the poison pill?

I know I have beat this drum hard pretty hard around here, but if/when the ACA fails, the far left is going to say "I told you so" and I don't see the middle to middle right of the Democratic party swinging in the direction of Republicans, especially considering how partisan DC is these days...At this point Republicans might introduce a plan for federally subsidized high risk pools in conjunction with a "pre-2014 IFP" market. Democrats campaign against it using the slogan "privatized profits, subsidized losses", and maybe throw in some references to AIG and TARP. "Independent" news media, or whatever you want to call it, runs stories about how PCIP ran out of funding while running a medicaid fee schedule. Etc, etc......within 12 months (probably sooner; as we are assuming the HIX's are pretty much ghost towns, or premiums have increased to the point that subsidy costs are breaking the budget) Congress passes some flavor of medicare/medicaid for all......

I could be wrong, and am happy to entertain other scenarios, but that seems like the path of least resistance to me.......

Before Obamacare 85% of the country had health insurance and most were happy. Now that it is reality I don't think anyone is happy including some of those paying $0.81/month for their plan. Once they try to use it they will move from the happy, happy camp to WTF.

After this fiasco I can't see anyone supporting single payer. If the govt can't get this right, working with private carriers that did a pretty good job for 80 years who is going to trust them with a full bore govt run plan?

Before Obamacare 85% of the country had health insurance and most were happy. Now that it is reality I don't think anyone is happy including some of those paying $0.81/month for their plan. Once they try to use it they will move from the happy, happy camp to WTF.

After this fiasco I can't see anyone supporting single payer. If the govt can't get this right, working with private carriers that did a pretty good job for 80 years who is going to trust them with a full bore govt run plan?

Politics is more semantics than facts most of the time....

And "easy is better" in the minds of most low information voters.....and one theme that crosses party lines is that insurance is a PITA...

I just think it would be foolishly simple for the left to steer the discourse to medicare for all if this collapses.....

"HC.gov too confusing? For just 3% more in FICA each paycheck, you could enjoy the same simple, easy to use health plan that millions of Americans have had for years: Medicare!"

"No more insurance company bailouts!"

"We gave the free market a chance"

Etc, etc.....

"HC.gov too confusing? For just 3% more in FICA each paycheck, you could enjoy the same simple, easy to use health plan that millions of Americans have had for years: Medicare"

Then we would be in the supplement business just like many of us are today. We're simply in a situation where you have to decide as an agent if you want to continue to work this market or not?

Back