Buying FE and Term on Myself

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Please pardon my ignorance on this subject.

I sell mostly Medicare and other supplements, and some FE to my 65+ clients.

I'm turning 50 next month, am single (no children) and have a small mortgage. I want to buy a 20-year, $200,000 term for the balance (plus other miscellaneous bills), and maybe a 10-pay, $15,000 FE policy. My goal is NOT to be paying on a FE policy until I pass away.

I also plan to buy a LTC policy when I'm 55, but I'm not sure yet what kind. I just want to be sure right now I have something in place in case I die my extended family can bury me, sell my condo and have the money.

Also, since I would write the policies on myself, would I be paid as earned, advanced, etc?

Thanks

I'm turning 50 next month, am single (no children) and have a small mortgage. I want to buy a 20-year, $200,000 term for the balance (plus other miscellaneous bills), and maybe a 10-pay, $15,000 FE policy. My goal is NOT to be paying on a FE policy until I pass away.

I also plan to buy a LTC policy when I'm 55, but I'm not sure yet what kind. I just want to be sure right now I have something in place in case I die my extended family can bury me, sell my condo and have the money.

Also, since I would write the policies on myself, would I be paid as earned, advanced, etc?

Thanks
As far as how you're paid, it depends on the company. Sentinel Security will advance 9 months if you write yourself. :yes:

I'm not sure about the Term or LTCi. :huh:

I'll wish you a Happy Birthday now Lisa, because I'm old and will forget by next month. :twitchy:

Call your contracted companies and ask about compensation. If you won't get paid on controlled business, partner with someone who will give you a large percentage of the commission.
Other than the out of pocket cost and your budget, why wait 5 years to write a LTC policy? It sure won't be less expensive in 5 years.

goillini52 said:

As far as how you're paid, it depends on the company. Sentinel Security will advance 9 months if you write yourself.

Yikes! Looking at their 10 pay for FE, they are a LOT more $$$ than LBL or Trinity.

fed up said:

Other than the out of pocket cost and your budget, why wait 5 years to write a LTC policy? It sure won't be less expensive in 5 years.

I'm not planning to buy a standalone LTC plan, for sure. Still debating between an annuity with a rider or a hybrid. Or I may move to one of those new Village places... We'll see.

Thanks

Why do you need the life insurance?
Who do you plan to leave it to and Why?
Single, no children, small mortgage... am I missing something?

Thanks

Why not go with a SPWL instead of a 10-pay fe? Check quotes to see what you'd have to dish out to get the 15k benefit.
Edit: but you might have to go a little higher than 15k, at your age..

Lifehawk said:

I want to leave a small FE to my extended family for my remains.

If I die while I still have a mortgage, they can use the term policy to pay off my mortgage, sell it and have the $, plus any debt.

Lifehawk said:

I want to leave a small FE to my extended family for my remains.

If I die while I still have a mortgage, they can use the term policy to pay off my mortgage, sell it and have the $, plus any debt.

Your reasons drive your actions.
If they don't need the home, I wouldn't make them pay it off and sale the house... too much hassle settling an estate.

Give them the tax free $ out of the plan and let the bank sale home. Just a thought, don't have all the info so unable to understand the reason and emotion behind your thoughts.

I do my best face 2 face with a pen and tablet of paper. I'm sure you will make a wise choice.:)

goillini52 said:

As far as how you're paid, it depends on the company. Sentinel Security will advance 9 months if you write yourself.

Yikes! Looking at their 10 pay for FE, they are a LOT more $$$ than LBL or Trinity.
That's right, you did say 10 pay, but hey...the higher the premium, the more commissions you'll make. :yes:

Back