Buying insurance book account

kingslodge

Hi,

I need some basic knowledge about establishing a new insurance agency. Does a seller transfer carriers or do I need to get appointment by carriers If I buy account book and hold current license?

Thanks,

Hi,

I need some basic knowledge about establishing a new insurance agency. Does a seller transfer carriers or do I need to get appointment by carriers If I buy account book and hold current license?

Thanks,
What kind of book? P&C? If so, the seller cannot assign or sell you his appointments. You have to get each and every one yourself.

Thanks.
It is P&C. Actually, I need carriers' appointments, but not easy and takes long time. If you give me any idea to get carrier appointments, I will appreciate it.

Talk to the carrier that you are buying an agency and wants to get licensed. You will still need to go through the carrier's vetting process, but you do get a leg up as you are buying an existing book of business. You will still need a good business plan on how you expect to send them more business once you buy the agency.

Back