Buying Leads for Life Insurance/investment Related Products?

asu47

Expert
Hello,

First off in addition to my life and health insurance licenses, I also have the series 7, 63, and 65

This is something that has been interesting to me, because I feel like I have a pretty good voice over the phone, and would rather win people over the phone, then meet them.

Im pretty good in person too, but looking like im 16 is really hurting me. I know everyone keeps saying "oh just brush it off, make jokes of it." At networking events I can almost feel people trying to avoid me. I'm a pretty outgoing person and I feel really out of place at these events. I don't have a chance to even explain myself.

Anyways, I have looked into using listshack.com for getting some cold calling lists. I want to target some homeowners for quick small short term cash, and business owner for long term, big cash.

In addition, I think buying some leads might be worth while. After I pay $10 for networking events, and a couple drinks im pushing $20-$30 just to MAYBE get someone to sit down with me.

I'd much rather spend $30 getting 1-3 good leads that are ready to pull triggers. I pretty much do everything with an experienced adviser at my first. I learn my doing :D

What is the purpose of your post?

Ill say it in another way in case you mistake my question as me being an internet jerk.

What are you trying to accomplish?

He wants "quick small short term cash" as well as "long term, big cash".

Seems clear to me.

:nah:

Although I agree he has made some vague declarations about his desires. That is indeed true. However, what is completely unknown is what is the reason he told this forum that. Does he want a lead vendor to contact him to help him obtain that goal? Does he want other people to chime in with their experiences about how they achieved a similar goal? Does he want people to theorize about how he could obtain those goals?

The problem is, he has no call to action. There are merely observations. As we know in sales, you have to ask for something or it wont happen. His message is neither effective or clear because people must decipher what type of response he is seeking.

My intent is not to be harsh on him or rude, but this is an obvious problem that must be addressed or he will not obtain the feedback he is seeking.

Please feel free to be as harsh as you want, I obviously can't get answers without the right information.

I am as new as it gets to this industry, so my direction is a little off. I know which way to walk, just not sure which fork to turn at if that makes sense.

I need help finding quality warm leads. My natural market is pretty much worthless for a couple years (when the majority hit age 25).

Finding a quality lead vendor would be great, and hearing first hand from people how they got started in the business when there natural market isn't so great. I know this business has a snowball effect, but I can't build my first snowball.

Please feel free to tell me to include more detail, again I am just a little losts and starting to get discouraged. When I got into this industry a solid 50% of my naurual market was asking for me to sit down with them. When it comes to do it there is a million excuses in the book, and I keep having them all cancel on me after I go out of my way to schedule an experienced adviser to come with me. Starting this business with a bunch of 21-23 year olds I'm learning is only going to get me out of this industry faster.

I have 3 guys who will go on any meeting with me, they have been in the industry for 10/15/18 years.

I have asked them what to do and they just say activity activity activity. Basically, attend at least 3 networking events a week, set 10 meetings. I'd love to set 20 meetings, but I can barley get 7. So obviously the gap has to be with the phones.

MM wont give me an orphan client lists because im so new, AXA did though and that was great. There is no specific "cold call lists", and really they don't have anything of use besides what I can find on the internet.

This is why I'm turning to forums. My mentorship is great with learning how to run meetings and talk about different products, but none of the mentorship includes how to build lead besides networking and referrals. My referrals are going sideways into just more 21-25 year olds who barley got enough to save anything.

I recently ran 2 meetings with college friends and wrote business on both of them. I just need to get more people to sit down with. I can shift what I am going to say for just about any person whether it be a young entrepreneur or a professional retiring.

Well in my opinion, your "guys" aren't people you should turn to for advice on how to be successful at this endeavor. I say that because they clearly can't or wont provide you with any kind of guidance about HOW you should go about generating new business. New business is the key especially when you are new. You seem to be trying to solve that problem which is what you should be doing.

Are you trying to specialize in a particular line? (i.e. annuities, mortgage protection, final expense, medicare etc)

What is the problem you are trying to solve for your clients?

If at all possible, hopefully you can find someone locally who has been successful doing what you are attempting. If you find that person, ask them to train you.

Latest posts

Back