Buying Leads for new agent? Yes or No?

DexterManleyReading

I've read a lot of posts in this forum and I'm still not sure if there's an overwhelming majority of agents on here in favor or against buying leads.

Once I get started as an agent, would I be better off buying some leads (maybe even shared ones) or just cold call myself? If financial reasons are why I should start off producing my own leads, what type of investment would a new agent realistically need to make if they want to have bought leads pay off for them? If it's within reason, I can pay for them.

Take away the money situation......If both things costed the same, would a new agent be more successful buying leads or telemarketing themselves? That's most important to me. Whatever gives me the best opportunity to get me going, I'm for it. Now, I'm not going to buy leads at first if I don't have a realistic chance of at least making some profit on them. That would be dumb. If that's the case, I'd think telemarketing for free would be a better option.

If you do recommend buying leads, should I take my shot with shared leads or spend more for the exclusive ones? And what sites would offer the best leads for a new agent.

Re: Buying Leads for new agent? Yes? No?

If you read the posts a little more, you see that there is no such thing as an exclusive lead. Even though the internet company only sells it to you, the prospect probably has searched other sites and is getting info from them. I recently bought internet leads through ILeads and the rep told me agents had the same success with exclusive leads as with shared leads. So, I bought the shared leads but did not have as much success as when I bought exclusive leads with two other internet firms, Leadbot and InsureMe. Leads were for the Los Angeles area.

I would say go back to your current cliental and start there. The lead programs are hit or miss. I have spoke to agents that spent $1000 on lists with nobody alive. If you sign up one client the referrals usually start to roll in. Good luck and look into a dialer that calls for you.

Latest posts

Back