Buying Medicare Advantage Leads

Aug 17, 2017

1. DUBEWIN

DUBEWIN New Member

I really like your strategy of the handwritten letter... reminds me a lot of what real estate investors due with yellow letters (handwritten font on yellow legal pad paper).

I am a FE agent and recently got certified to sell Medicare Advantage. I've added some MAPD clients recently from what was originally FE prospects. Although I currently don't have any additional lead cost, which is nice, the process is very slow.

I want to ramp up my marketing efforts on the Medicare side. Do you have an example of a CMS approved handwritten letter that you use that you would be willing to share? And do you have to get it approved from CMS first, or is it possible to just used approved verbiage from another source, i.e. carrier BRC and add in a personal touch?

DUBEWIN, Sep 3, 2017
  2. InfinityLeads

InfinityLeads Super Genius

State:
    California

Digital Advertising with Adwords/BingAds/FacebookAds/LinkedinAds:
    -calls
    -web traffic/quote forms
    -foot traffic

Advantages:
    Pay for relevant engagement with your agency only
    Free Impressions

Disadvantages:
    Costly
    Requires technical expertise 9/10

3. jdlash

jdlash Super Genius

Do you mail this out yourself? Does it have a return postcard, or do they just have to call you?

jdlash, Mar 24, 2018
  4. policywunk

policywunk Expert

True that .I have found that the SNP clientele to be a very loyal especially if you service them properly - they are not the ones out shopping for lower copay plans in AEP. Also can be a good source of referrals.

5. wallstwizard

wallstwizard New Member

Have a great source for dual eligibles leads, message me if you want details

6. MrSockMonkey

MrSockMonkey Expert

State:
    Florida
    This is my question, also, please, to anyone kind enough to answer.

I tried to message PeninsulaHL, but says conversations not allowed for this member. Thank you.

7. timeflies

timeflies Super Genius

I've never heard of anyone specific individual get CMS approval for a marketing piece. The Plans/Carriers can submit and get approved for marketing pieces and larger FMO's as well may be able to get approval, but not an individual agent. Someone else can correct me if I am mistaken. I you have an upline, see what pieces they can offer, or there are tons of direct mail houses that may have something worth while. CMS only approves of pieces that mention specific plans or plan benefits, co pays etc. A generic piece would not need approval.

8. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    You can always send it through the carrier and they can get it approved for you.

9. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    YOU won't get a letter even looked at by CMS. If you ask your carrier for approval they will immediately tell you it's non-compliant. When a carrier sends a letter there are about 3 pages of disclaimers.

Better to keep it generic and not worry about CMS and/or carriers. It's really not rocket surgery.

Rick

10. MrSockMonkey

MrSockMonkey Expert

State:
    Florida
    Thanks timeflies and Todd. And now GreenSky.

I have a copy of a letter that an agent sent recently to someone I know, T65.

Just a simple typewritten letter, hand addressed envelope and signature. Talking about turning 65 and looking for information.

Had a small graph kind of box with examples of three plan names and three different carriers, by name, with premium amounts.

Included local phone number to call or text, and email address.

They called him and he wrote a Plan F and D. He visited their home. I don't know whether this would have been effective if he tried to sell it over the phone only. I'll ask. All I know is, his letter worked.

I know a little about this agent, and I have my doubts as to whether this would be an officially approved letter. Please do not ask me the agent's name or for a copy of this letter.

I was wondering if you are able to send a letter like this for supplements? Thank you.