Buying online leads?

Apr 5, 2008

1. doveroh

doveroh New Member

I am taking my test for my license next week (studying like crazy this weekend, and finished up my class work today).

This question is not for me, but for a guy in my class I was with that was thinking about buying leads from web sites that get people to submit insurance information for 4 or so competitors to go for their business. Has anyone used this method? Your thoughts? Good way to start out and build your business? How much does it usually cost a lead?

I told him I will let me know the info I get from the forum. I don't have to worry about leads myself as I am working for a company and its all inbound calls so I can get use to everything and maybe go independant later on.

Thanks in advance!!! I am so happy I found this board!

doveroh, Apr 5, 2008
  2. Expat

Expat Guru

State:
    Texas
    If you use the search function on this forum, I think that you will find one or two comments and suggestions about internet leads.

Expat, Apr 5, 2008
  3. TXINSURANCE

TXINSURANCE Guru

You might want to search around as suggested. Just keep in mind most leads you buy are AFFILIATE leads which are essentially low quality. Nationally I have seen agents close 2 to 10%, with 5 to 7% as average (raw leads). Better agents and better leads will yield better results.

If you have not heard my Norvax Webinar PM me I will let you listen I mention some of what you are asking about.

Good luck - there is plenty of room in the business, and plenty of opportunity.

Hmmm... This in general concerns me without more details, unless I am missing something.

4. doveroh

doveroh New Member

I am starting out in a call center environment to get experience and get my savings up and hoping in the near future to go independent.

I am so happy I found this board. Thanks everyone!

doveroh, Apr 6, 2008
  5. cgarcia

cgarcia New Member

Doveroh, I am in a similar situation. What's the name of the company you are working with?

cgarcia, Apr 17, 2008