BXBSTX Med Supp App Lacks EFT Withdrawal Date

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I'm completing my 2nd Med Supp app when I noticed that it doesn't have a place to write the preferred draw date. My upline told me that he noticed the same thing and had to tell the enrolled member to call BXBS to request a date. When he asked the local BXBSTX "manager", he was told that she doesn't "deal with Medicare sups.". WTF.

I'm completing my 2nd Med Supp app when I noticed that it doesn't have a place to write the preferred draw date. My upline told me that he noticed the same thing and had to tell the enrolled member to call BXBS to request a date. When he asked the local BXBSTX "manager", he was told that she doesn't "deal with Medicare sups.". WTF.

If it's like Illinois(they're the same company), they'll automatically draft on the effective date. If you want to change that, write a note saying what date you want and have them sign and date it.

What he said.

BCBSTX drafts "around" the 1st day of the month. The recent Hallmark upgrade was supposed to fix it so all drafts were the 1st business day of the month. It worked for U65.

O65 is still around the 1st. Sometimes before, sometimes after. The 28th(if it falls on a weekday) is a safe bet.

(Most Med Supps allow you to pick a day, so if the client is coming from a different company, this can be a change)

What he said.

BCBSTX drafts "around" the 1st day of the month. The recent Hallmark upgrade was supposed to fix it so all drafts were the 1st business day of the month. It worked for U65.

O65 is still around the 1st. Sometimes before, sometimes after. The 28th(if it falls on a weekday) is a safe bet.

(Most Med Supps allow you to pick a day, so if the client is coming from a different company, this can be a change)

I Requested eff date of 11-16-16. He said that he receives SS check on 3rd Wednesday of the month. I guided him to a draft date on the 27th. Assuming that they draft on the 1st, would he be billed for 1 1/2 months on the first draft? This man is low income, but has an unpredictable, mysterious skin condition. The draft needs to be timed "just right." It was challenging to convince him that Med Supp would be better than the $0 premium Med Advantage HMO that he wanted to enroll in. I'd hate to see the policy cancel because draft doesn't hit when he has $ in his account.

I Requested eff date of 11-16-16. He said that he receives SS check on 3rd Wednesday of the month. I guided him to a draft date on the 27th. Assuming that they draft on the 1st, would he be billed for 1 1/2 months on the first draft? This man is low income, but has an unpredictable, mysterious skin condition. The draft needs to be timed "just right." It was challenging to convince him that Med Supp would be better than the $0 premium Med Advantage HMO that he wanted to enroll in. I'd hate to see the policy cancel because draft doesn't hit when he has $ in his account.

Uggggghhhhh

I don't know. Go onto RPP and ask. But I am 99% sure that all drafts are around the 1st. How much they are going to pull, I don't know.

Uggggghhhhh

I don't know. Go onto RPP and ask. But I am 99% sure that all drafts are around the 1st. How much they are going to pull, I don't know.

I'll call them tomorrow. I would have written a Dec 1 eff date, but what if the guy has an episode in the interim between now and Dec 1? He was already in a local hospital for 3 weeks in Sept.

I'll call them tomorrow. I would have written a Dec 1 eff date, but what if the guy has an episode in the interim between now and Dec 1? He was already in a local hospital for 3 weeks in Sept.

I've had several that were effective middle of the month when replacing MOFO(I think they set them up like that to make it more difficult to replace). What you need to do is set it up for monthly direct bill(don't send a check) and BCBS will send them a bill. In the mean time, send in the note and the bank info with the day of the month you want the draft to be.

You should still call BCBS and make sure that's the way it works in Texas.

If you wrote the app today, it can't be effective before the date on the app.

I've never written for BCBS at all, so this may not work with them. Whenever I had to have a specific draft date and there was no place to request that, I would write it on the EFT form as big as I could write it and put asterisks. Something like, "**DO NOT DRAFT BEFORE THE 27TH OF EACH MONTH!**"

I've had several that were effective middle of the month when replacing MOFO(I think they set them up like that to make it more difficult to replace). What you need to do is set it up for monthly direct bill(don't send a check) and BCBS will send them a bill. In the mean time, send in the note and the bank info with the day of the month you want the draft to be.

You should still call BCBS and make sure that's the way it works in Texas.

If you wrote the app today, it can't be effective before the date on the app.

I was told that they would draw on the requested effective date for 1 month, and then thereafter on that same day. I changed the effective date to Nov 21 to insure that it would draw close to the SS check date.

Back