C of I referrals

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
There are scattered comments, but I don't recall seeing (or locating) a thread specifically geared toward cultivating C of I referrals. Back in the "old" days the only way to really build your business for the long run was through referrals, especially through professionals such as accountants, attorneys, etc.

It seems this is a lost art form. Do any of you generate a significant portion of your business from C of I's? If so, please share details. Do you comp them in any way such as by reciprocating or do you find other ways to comp for referrals?

COIs are great. Participation in a leads group to share referrals and ideas is a great way to develop relationships and business.

A leads group might consist of the following parties:

-Attorney
-CPA
-Banker
-Insurance Agent
-Real Estate Agent

It depends on the leads group you are working with. Often times comp for referrals is not necessary as long as referrals are given out as well. It's a give and take relationship and everyone is happy.

Another strategy I recommend is getting in touch with centers of service.

A center of service is anyone that knows/works with your target market but does not compete for your business. They are instrumental, not influential.

IE: If your target market consists of parents of disabled children, a center of service would be: special ed teachers, family therapists, etc.

I have a pharmacy that I work with.

I normally give them a flier that has the coverage gap figures, enrollment dates, etc. for their use only. Kind of a quick reference piece they can hang up (not in customers view) if someone asks them about Part D. This way they know what is going on, and if the customer needs assistance, they hand out my card.

Example:
Customer: What is the new coverage gap?
Pharmacist: $2510
Customer: How does it work? (or something along those lines)
Pharmacist: Call Mike, here is his card.

I normally give them a flier that has the coverage gap figures, enrollment dates, etc. for their use only. Kind of a quick reference piece they can hang up (not in customers view) if someone asks them about Part D. This way they know what is going on, and if the customer needs assistance, they hand out my card.

Example:

Great example of a center of service. :yes:

Example:

Good stuff, I would call this more Networking. Then again COI and Networking works well together, some might call it Neighborhood Marketing.

Example:

I like that concept very much. It gives me some other ideas along those lines to test out.

Back