CA 65 Female-Bipolar & Not on Meds-Options for Life?

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello,

Not a big life guy.

What do you life gurus think she might find attractive on the lifetime pay life side?

Details:

1. 65 female
2. No medications
3. 5'-3", 150 lbs., non smoker
4. She has Bipolar disorder. Discovered in 2007 and on Social Security disability because of it. She took Lamictal at first but discontinued taking it as she lost her health insurance and felt she didn't need it as well. Feels Bipolar is mild and she has been stable and functional.

Note: Something about the Bipolar doesn't sound right to me, but this is info given to me so far. She was very hesitant to share.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Again, how much coverage are we talking about here?

Small amount, go FE, no problem with a number of companies.

Bigger amount, then you are going to have to find out more about the bipolar.

Again, how much coverage are we talking about here?

Small amount, go FE, no problem with a number of companies.

Bigger amount, then you are going to have to find out more about the bipolar.

I think she would qualify for final expense, but am preparing in case she feels thats not attractive enough.

What companies are good for Bipolar?

What in particular do I need to ask her about Bipolar?

Last edited:
How long ago diagnosed, what meds is she on, dosage, how long. Any hospitalization, for how long and how long ago and any suicidal thoughts or attempts. Also, is her doctor going to say she is compliant with meds and treatment or not?

How long ago diagnosed, what meds is she on, dosage, how long. Any hospitalization, for how long and how long ago and any suicidal thoughts or attempts. Also, is her doctor going to say she is compliant with meds and treatment or not?

Not sure suicidal thoughts or attempts. It did not sound that way though. I can ask that before I see her, if thats a deal breaker, I would think it would be.

1. 2007 diagnosed
2. No hospitalizations
3. The compliance is what I don't think I'll know until APS. She says taking the meds was her option. I don't think Dr. told her its ok to stop either. I think she decided it on her own.

Last edited:
If it's bad enough she's on disability, it's probably bad enough for her to be on meds. If she can't afford them she should checkout northwestpharmacy.com. For what it'd cost in the premium difference alone she could probably get back on meds (if she wanted to). Most folks with bipolar disorder that think they're fine, really should be on their meds.

Here is a slightly different perspective. Before I decided on fully underwritten I would take a good look at her. Will she do an exam? Which Suzy are you going to get on exam day? Will she wig out if the policy takes to long to issue or if the underwriters come back with more questions? If it comes back rated is she going to fill slighted? This may be a good place for a simplified product. Quick PHI and out. Probably going to be close in premium to a rated case any way. The non compliance is going to hurt you some on a fully underwritten deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Here is a slightly different perspective. Before I decided on fully underwritten I would take a good look at her. Will she do an exam? Which Suzy are you going to get on exam day? Will she wig out if the policy takes to long to issue or if the underwriters come back with more questions? If it comes back rated is she going to fill slighted? This may be a good place for a simplified product. Quick PHI and out. Probably going to be close in premium to a rated case any way. The non compliance is going to hurt you some on a fully underwritten deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for that insight!

The exam could be a big hurdle as you pointed out. I am concerned.

She threw me a red flag when she told me she was on social security disabilty for the condition. She says its mild but they seem to think its a problem at work.

What exam would they do, blood and urine?

Thanks for that insight!

The exam could be a big hurdle as you pointed out. I am concerned.

She threw me a red flag when she told me she was on social security disabilty for the condition. She says its mild but they seem to think its a problem at work.

What exam would they do, blood and urine?

If you are looking at $2,000 - $3,000 premium on a standard type policy you could be looking at blood, urine and maybe an EKG and Senior cognitive test. Depending on the face and company.

I would look at an FE policy. Bank draft or annual only. Cross your Ts and dot your Is.

You are going to have to find out if she stopped those meds or did the doctor stop them. If you tells you she's not on meds, you don't put it down and then it shows up on a script check, you'll have some splainin' to do!

Back