CA Life & Health State Exam?

cainsurance

Expert
Hello everyone!

I am taking my CA Life & Health state exam. Is there anyone that can give me some tips or advice for this exam?

Thank you.

Hello everyone!

I am taking my CA Life & Health state exam. Is there anyone that can give me some tips or advice for this exam?

Thank you.

Read each question twice before you answer it.

Look for "all of the following EXCEPT" or NONE of the following BUT" constructs.

The best thing you can do is to spend twelve to eighteen hours in groups of 3 at a time, taking sample exams and THEN reading the answers. Go in the NEXT DAY and take the test. You will easily pass.

Didn't they make it two exams now? Do they have a combined exam if you want both?

I just took the Life Only exam about a month ago. The biggest thing that I can tell you is to watch how the questions are worded carefully. And don't forget to take notes on long-term care. There are more questions on that than i expected.

I think I am going to postpone my exam until I am 100% confident, and take a lot of notes. I want to be able to pass it the 1st time.

Thank you.

One way to prepare is to purchase a CD with practice questions. You can drill over and over and if you are getting 80-90% on the practice exams, you will have no problem passing the test. You will need to have a passing score of 70% which is not that hard if you are prepared.

What company do you recommend to purchase a CD from? Is AD Banker a good source to purchase a CD?

Thanks.

The tests are different now, but I used the AD Banker CD when I took the test, worked well.

Don't overstress about the test. If you run through the cd a few times, you'll do well on the test. Just make sure you read the questions and then read ALL of the answers.

Dan

I just took the exam 2 weeks ago, and I felt it was pretty easy. The biggest thing is just take you time and read each question two time before you look at the answers. This way you are sure about what is really being asked, i.e. the double negitive question. If you still don't know the answer, begin with elimination. Which answer is definately not correct. This at least begins to put the odds of a correct "guess" at a higher percentage. Good luck on the exam.

Back