California Agents Please Advise

horacioceballos

ok i've been working for a non standard auto brokerage in CA for 2 years and we charge some high BFs the employees are pressured extremely for high numbers. I like sales. I like insurance and i like helping people. I know its time to leave this company; so with that my question is as follows

do any of you guys have any recommendations for a standard market insurance company or non standard with higher ethical practices than those mentioned before. i am currently only personal lines licensed but working on my life and health

here's the kicker i have a good friend who wants me to join his agency selling medicare advantage and supps but i think it may be too risky for me since i have a family to support. any advice will be greatly appreciated

Trying to break into the PC industry in CA is almost impossible without book of business if you want to go on your own as an independent agent. No insurance companies will hand out contracts. I've been searching for quite some time now and can not find a place I can call home. You'll have to search if you can find a cluster to see if you can get a contract with them. May be you'll have better luck than I did.

Now, if you just want to work for someone and be a producer, there are options out there. Just look on job sites, craigslist. In my area, there are plenty of sales/producer jobs available....but that's not what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
im leaning toward medicare for that very reason.though i've heard its kinda tricky selling to the senior market because of all the rules and regulations.

im leaning toward medicare for that very reason.though i've heard its kinda tricky selling to the senior market because of all the rules and regulations.

Depending on the area you work and if you have any advantages (such as speaking Spanish) you can do well. Rules are not "kinda tricky" and although a PITA, easy enough to follow.

My email is below if I can help.

Rick

Back