California Dreamin

wildcat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
No. Cal.
New to the forum, found it a few days ago.

I'm mainly in the IFP market, although I'll right a group or two also. I know the California market pretty well, but would like to venture out of this pond and stick my toe into another to see how it feels.

Started in the IFP market in 1991 than after 6 years I had a complete lapse in judgement and went into the Farmers Insurance District Manager training program for 3 years, and then was a DM for 4 years. What a mistake! If I has stuck with the health business, there would be no looking back. It's been 2 1/2 years and I feel great!

John,
My business partner was a DM with Farmers for several years as well. He has the same opinion as you about it.

Started in the IFP market in 1991 than after 6 years I had a complete lapse in judgement and went into the Farmers Insurance District Manager training program for 3 years, and then was a DM for 4 years. What a mistake! If I has stuck with the health business, there would be no looking back. It's been 2 1/2 years and I feel great!

Welcome to the board. How was being a DM for 4 years a mistake?

Welcome to the board. How was being a DM for 4 years a mistake?

I quickly realized being an independent contractor (1099) manager, for Farmers was more like being an actual employee. Plus my superior or the person I worked for was a total ass wipe. I have no problem reporting to someone, but I must at least respect the person. This guy was a complete waste. A lifer just doing enough to get by. Farmers sent me to the Grand Wailea in Feb of '03; the top 15% of DM in Cali, three months later he wanted me out. What a joke. Now that I am on my own, I can't believe I ever left this in the first plance. Oh well, live and learn.

I quickly realized being an independent contractor (1099) manager, for Farmers was more like being an actual employee. Plus my superior or the person I worked for was a total ass wipe. I have no problem reporting to someone, but I must at least respect the person. This guy was a complete waste. A lifer just doing enough to get by. Farmers sent me to the Grand Wailea in Feb of '03; the top 15% of DM in Cali, three months later he wanted me out. What a joke. Now that I am on my own, I can't believe I ever left this in the first plance. Oh well, live and learn.

Life has a funny way of working out. How can a person appreciate a sunny day without going through a rainy day.

Latest posts

Back