California Fleet Auto

purplez

So my car was recently hit by a truck. The police came and we filled out an exchange of information form. The guy wrote down "california fleet auto" as his insurance carrier, but even my attorney cannot find their contact info. I tried googling this too but nothing came up. I was wondering if California Fleet Auto is really an insurance carrier or not. If they are real, how can I contact them?

Last edited:
Look through the department of insurance website Welcome to Company Profile Info

If no go, you're looking at suing the guy directly. Good luck!
thank you for your speedy reply!
and it really doesn't seem like the company is filed under that website. oddly enough, he did write down a policy number
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
so I found on socalfleet (add a .com. I cant post links) that they offer quotes I was wondering by "quote" do they mean get an insurance quote or not? ( I am wondering if the guy just miswrote his insurance company)

Last edited:
Odds are, its self-insured. A lot of fleets work this way. Keep in mind, there is really no requirement (in most states) to have insurance, just having insurance is usually the easiest way to meet the requirement.... unless you have a large fleet, then you become self-insured.

Contact the company he works for. They will help you, after you find the right person.

Dan

What a coincidence. We were rear ended this morning and the lady provided California Fleet Auto as her insurance carrier. Because I'd never heard of it, I came home and googled it, and nothing. Just wondering if purlplez ever got to the bottom of things. Any information would be very useful.
Thx.

Last edited:
Can u call the guy who hit u or his company. His phone number to his company should have been on his auto or file with the DMV u should have hi driver lic. Not that hard.

What is going on here? I also was hit on 8/30/11 by someone who gave me "California fleet insurance" as their insurer. And I also cannot find anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

What is going on here? I also was hit on 8/30/11 by someone who gave me "California fleet insurance" as their insurer. And I also cannot find anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

are you guys for real or is this a joke..:1mad:

No I'm not kidding. The guy tried to deny hitting me, a huge argument ensued. I got his drivers' license #, his insurance company, policy number, his plate#, I took pictures of the damage, but in the heat of the conversation I did not however get his phone number. The cops came, he finally admitted fault and a report was filed but it's going to take 10 to12 business days for me to get a copy of it, meanwhile my car isn't drivable so I need a rental and can't get one. Any thoughts?

Back