California homeowners market neede- High Value in brush

Dave Garzoli

High value home is an "extreme" brush area. Travelers is non-renewing, FAIR plan has max coverage of $1.2m. Cov. A $2.5 to $3m.

I'm an independent and all standards have declined. Looking for specialty market for this ES is fine, just need something.

Anyone have any ideas????

Yep, Guard has become pretty much useless. Our marketing rep told me they have, in not so many words, stopped writing in California because they had hoped that agents/brokers would put an equal amount of "good" business with them as well as the high risk stuff; but it appears no one gave them any "cream", only high risk stuff. I've submitted 15+ apps and got ONE issued, and they are trying to cancel that one now.

Yep, Guard has become pretty much useless. Our marketing rep told me they have, in not so many words, stopped writing in California because they had hoped that agents/brokers would put an equal amount of "good" business with them as well as the high risk stuff; but it appears no one gave them any "cream", only high risk stuff. I've submitted 15+ apps and got ONE issued, and they are trying to cancel that one now.

Interesting, my office is still writing with them steadily. This does include some good business that due to our area is not being taken by our "better" carriers.but some high risk stuff also.

I don't write any personal insurance, I am all commercial p&c with a smidge of life. As a favor to some of my clients, I have reached out to my network and have found a Farmers agent and an Allstate agent that can write hybrid policies (some coverage through the fair plan, and some through their policy) in high risk fire areas.

Back