California Medi-Cal Questions/issues

medsuptage

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a family friend living in California in the Sacramento area who is really struggling with Medi-Cal ( Anthem Bluecross Medi-Cal). She has quite a few health issues, fibromyalgia, A non cancerous brain tumor that causes her severe headaches, along with PTSD. She needs an MRI ( to check on that tumor) and a doctor who will help her. She keeps getting 1 star doctors, like doctors who don't care, don't understand, they lose paper work constantly and are completely incompetent. She's tried to get a different neurologist and they keep referring her to the same one. She's absolutely miserable dealing with these terrible doctors. She's also a single mom with a disabled child living on Welfare and food stamps.

I don't know hardly anything about the individual health market so I'm at a loss as far as helping her. Is there anything we can do to help her? I know the election period is coming up is it even possible for us to pitch in and just pay for her to have better insurance? I'm wondering if that will mess up her benefits she gets from the state? If getting her better insurance will mess up her welfare/ food stamps she couldn't do that because of her son.

Any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Last edited:
maybe she doesn't need to be on an snp plan. its great for the agent of course, to earn a commish - but maybe she doesn't need the managed care aspect of things.

maybe she doesn't need to be on an snp plan. its great for the agent of course, to earn a commish - but maybe she doesn't need the managed care aspect of things.

hmm, She doesn't have Medicare, just Medi-cal(Medicaid). Can she drop her hmo and just use Medi-cal on it's own? I thought she had to have a plan now.

Get with me and we'll take a look at her options and see if we can find out implications for Aid and EBT as well as coverage options.

Back