Call from Kentucky Looking to Verify my Address for Marketplace

roadrunner

Super Genius
I have a 2014 plan. As an agent I went in on the 15th of this month to pick my new plan for 2015, and to see how easy this year was going to be. I have almost 400 folks to get done. Well.... when I got to the signature page, I kept receiving a message unable to verify my identity.

I called the marketplace and after 2 hours on the phone was told to call Experian. Again, My identity was verified LAST YEAR I was choosing a new plan. Experian verified my identity and I was told to wait 24 hours and try again. Of course no luck once again.

Fast forward to today.. I see I call coming in from Kentucky. Pick up, is this ______, yes.. "We are calling to verify your address for the marketplace." Who is we?
(I thought it was a cold call trying to sell me something.)
Finally, discovered it was the Marketplace (or a firm hired by them) seems my annual notice was returned to them.

I asked the poor kid who stumbled over himself what address they had on file for me. Find out that the "system" dropped apt #'s and Suite numbers when they mailed out the renewal notices. They have my address in the system without my suite number.

I pull my file and my suite number is on all other correspondence. I let the young man know this, and tell him once again I do not understand why he is calling.

I gave him my suite number and was told that they couldn't add it on their end, but I could call the marketplace and have them add again. WTH?
What? You call me to tell me my mail got returned to you but you can't help me fix it?

Light bulb goes off in my head.. I log back into Healthcare.gov, take the suite # off of my address and viola... My identity gets verified...

Lesson learned... if you are getting this error, may want to try the above fix. Once I checked out. I called back and had them update my address with the suite number.

I may or may not get my enrollment package or bill. I will have to call the carrier to double check.

So far I haven't had this issue with anyone else, thank goodness. But wanted to give a heads up as a possible solution to an issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back