Call recording ridiculousness

Is it even legal to record conversations without consent from the client? Might be the dumbest proposal I have came across in quite some time. Looks like it’s going to be for telephonic enrollments but still questionable as to being ethical and legal. Making us all appear to be criminals.

Is it even legal to record conversations without consent from the client? Might be the dumbest proposal I have came across in quite some time. Looks like it’s going to be for telephonic enrollments but still questionable as to being ethical and legal. Making us all appear to be criminals.
Caveat, not an agent.

Isn't that up to each state?

I don't know how to do it, which is another issue, but I think my son has told me that in KS I am legally allowed to record calls without the consent of the other party to the call.

You just play the recording like all businesses do.
This call is being recorded for quality control.

Caveat, not an agent.

Isn't that up to each state?

I don't know how to do it, which is another issue, but I think my son has told me that in KS I am legally allowed to record calls without the consent of the other party to the call.
In TN it is legal to record a conversation without notice as long as one party to the recording (you) is aware the recording is being made. Some states require both parties to have knowledge.

In TN it is legal to record a conversation without notice as long as one party to the recording (you) is aware the recording is being made. Some states require both parties to have knowledge.

I would love to know if there is an easy way to know which states have which rules

Back