Caller ID - Prospects Not Answering the Phone

I've left mssgs before after repeated not answering phone but have NEVER received a call back

Other day I tried another tactic-----got the voice mssg and left no mssg but still #ed so they heard the click/hangup. I got a callback within 2 minutes asking "you just called me, who dis is"------they hide behind voice mail and then too curious to not want to know who it is

Yesterday another funny situation, I did the same. Then got a text, not a call, telling me to not call again without leaving a mssg so obviously another hide behind the voice mail type. We got into a text back and forth war when I told them I cant comply with that as don't keep phone logs without them telling me who they are. After 2 or 3 back and forths just to mess with them of course they never told me of course ( I know who it is so will call from another # next time before I eventually doorknock). In one of my texts b ack told them if they want to know what a call is about then answer the phone.

What irks me more---but I understand---is when they don't come to the door when doorknocking when you know with 100% certainty they are there

I had something like that happen years ago when I was calling out of a phone book. I told them I'd be glad to not call again and asked their name. The woman wouldn't tell me. I told her I'd have to spend a lot of time going back through the phone book looking for her #, but she still wouldn't tell me because she didn't want me to know where she lived. Well I found her # and her name and address were listed, so I sent her a silly note in the mail telling her "I know where she lives". I never heard anything from her.:laugh:

I know what you mean. I've caught them peeking out of the window after I knocked and waved to them while I'm standing at their door and they still didn't answer. Guess I need to practice "The Wave".:yes:

I had something like that happen years ago when I was calling out of a phone book. I told them I'd be glad to not call again and asked their name. The woman wouldn't tell me. I told her I'd have to spend a lot of time going back through the phone book looking for her #, but she still wouldn't tell me because she didn't want me to know where she lived. Well I found her # and her name and address were listed, so I sent her a silly note in the mail telling her "I know where she lives". I never heard anything from her.:laugh:

I know what you mean. I've caught them peeking out of the window after I knocked and waved to them while I'm standing at their door and they still didn't answer. Guess I need to practice "The Wave".:yes:

3 weeks ago doorknocking I knew they were there----the garage door was open.

Was feeling a bit testy that day so was going to continue ringing bell till they answered--------after #4 I knew I would be a bad scene if they ever appeared and it was for sure/ totally went off on me but I knew that would be coming. At least I determined there and then not to waste more time returning to DK again. Certain areas I would not have been brave enough to knowingly irritate anyone. Expectedly the nice areas find the door-knocking more objectionable thinking such quite unprofessional. I just tell folks when they call me out that no one answers their phones anymore.

3 weeks ago doorknocking I knew they were there----the garage door was open.

Was feeling a bit testy that day so was going to continue ringing bell till they answered--------after #4 I knew I would be a bad scene if they ever appeared and it was for sure/ totally went off on me but I knew that would be coming. At least I determined there and then not to waste more time returning to DK again. Certain areas I would not have been brave enough to knowingly irritate anyone. Expectedly the nice areas find the door-knocking more objectionable thinking such quite unprofessional. I just tell folks when they call me out that no one answers their phones anymore.

You have to be careful door knocking. I almost got beat up by a 79 year old woman a couple of years ago.:embarrassed:

Are cold calling Blind Numbers ?

What are you selling?

I've left mssgs before after repeated not answering phone but have NEVER received a call back

Other day I tried another tactic-----got the voice mssg and left no mssg but still #ed so they heard the click/hangup. I got a callback within 2 minutes asking "you just called me, who dis is"------they hide behind voice mail and then too curious to not want to know who it is

Yesterday another funny situation, I did the same. Then got a text, not a call, telling me to not call again without leaving a mssg so obviously another hide behind the voice mail type. We got into a text back and forth war when I told them I cant comply with that as don't keep phone logs without them telling me who they are. After 2 or 3 back and forths just to mess with them of course they never told me of course ( I know who it is so will call from another # next time before I eventually doorknock). In one of my texts b ack told them if they want to know what a call is about then answer the phone.

What irks me more---but I understand---is when they don't come to the door when doorknocking when you know with 100% certainty they are there

Personally, I don't answer any number/name I don't recognize (as I'm sure most of us do). Telemarketing has really become abusive in many industries (solar, energy, etc) that even ignore no call lists. I prefer face to face small groups, commercial appointments, referrals, etc. Can't imaging sitting on a phone for hours being ignored, hung up on and taking verbal abuse from irritated folks. Find a niche that makes folks sit up and listen.

Personally, I don't answer any number/name I don't recognize (as I'm sure most of us do). Telemarketing has really become abusive in many industries (solar, energy, etc) that even ignore no call lists. I prefer face to face small groups, commercial appointments, referrals, etc. Can't imaging sitting on a phone for hours being ignored, hung up on and taking verbal abuse from irritated folks. Find a niche that makes folks sit up and listen.

I usually answer when I can this way I can have them remove me from the list. It saves them time calling and keeps my phone from ringing all the time, Everyone is happier

Of course I don't have a landline, I use cell phone and For buis its VOLP. I have a land line number only because Cable and internet would have cost more without getting number (for some dumb reason).

When I first had phone in that line it did ring a bit. I disconnected the land phone just because it was in the way and we weren't going to use it anyway

Back