Caller ID ? Regarding Med Supp Cold Calling

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am using a telemarketer to generate Med Supp leads, with an autodialer. What would you use for the caller ID #? A skype #? an 800#? I know from doing these in the past that you get a flood of call backs from people getting home and calling back the number on their caller ID.

I am using Chris Westfalls site and find it quite helpful. Just couldn't find any specifics on this topic.

I am using a telemarketer to generate Med Supp leads, with an autodialer. What would you use for the caller ID #? A skype #? an 800#? I know from doing these in the past that you get a flood of call backs from people getting home and calling back the number on their caller ID. I am using Chris Westfalls site and find it quite helpful. Just couldn't find any specifics on this topic.

Went from a FE guru to a MS newbie?!?

----------

To answer your question, you can choose any number you want as long as it's yours.

Remember, spoofing is illegal.

I would like the info as well. I am not looking to spoof numbers but create phone numbers (similar to google voice) in their calling area to show as the caller ID. Most google voice numbers are already taken and I didn't know what the best way to handle this is. Many seniors will not answer the phone if the call shows up out of their area.

also, off topic here, but does AARP UHC allow their Med Supps to be sold to folks who were first contacted on a cold call? I tried to get the answer today but the response was vague. I thought they stated on their credentialing site that they prohibited cold calling but couldn't remember.

The call will show "out of area" and show the local number.

Why you ask, well cuz your outta area and just happened to have purchased a "local" number.

You can go to Vitelity and purchase numbers.

----------

I would like the info as well. I am not looking to spoof numbers but create phone numbers (similar to google voice) in their calling area to show as the caller ID. Most google voice numbers are already taken and I didn't know what the best way to handle this is. Many seniors will not answer the phone if the call shows up out of their area. also, off topic here, but does AARP UHC allow their Med Supps to be sold to folks who were first contacted on a cold call? I tried to get the answer today but the response was vague. I thought they stated on their credentialing site that they prohibited cold calling but couldn't remember.

You need serious training. Please don't try selling something as important as health insurance for seniors till you get training.

Go find an FMO willing to train you for beans.

Last edited:
I would like the info as well. I am not looking to spoof numbers but create phone numbers (similar to google voice) in their calling area to show as the caller ID. Most google voice numbers are already taken and I didn't know what the best way to handle this is. Many seniors will not answer the phone if the call shows up out of their area.

also, off topic here, but does AARP UHC allow their Med Supps to be sold to folks who were first contacted on a cold call? I tried to get the answer today but the response was vague. I thought they stated on their credentialing site that they prohibited cold calling but couldn't remember.

No they will terminate your contract for cause if they catch you leading with AARP/UHC or switching the conversation to AARP when cold calling. Makes it very hard to do med supp buisness in Fl. since they are usually the lowest premium

Back