Caller ID

yaknow1

Guru
100+ Post Club
What do you guys have your name/call back number listed as when it shows up on the prospects caller ID? I've been calling outside of my home area code, and the number of people picking up the phone has fallen off of a cliff.

you can establish a caller ID display name if you have a landline phone. some cell phones companies can do it too i believe. if you have an internet-based phone (i.e. google voice), you can't put any display name on there - it'll only display the phone number.

anyways...if you can display a name of your choosing, i'd recommend either your company name or just your name (last name first, followed by first name)

Most predictive dialers will give you the option of putting a number in. I get mine from Viteity and then just have them forward to the number I want it to go to.

Are you saying that you think it's because it's not a local number showing up that they're not answer?

If that's the case, then like Josh said, using a dialer can help. I use Callfire and they have a service that lets you get local numbers that can be set up to forward to your regular line. So you could get a number that's local to the area where you're calling. Then when you use the dialer you set it up to display that number as the caller ID.

You want your number to show.

Most people do not answer the phone anymore. They let it go to voicemail then decide if they want to call the person back. If you don't leave a message they will call you back and say "Who are you? You just called my number" nearly 100% of the time.

It's a silly game but it's how people use their phone these days.

I have callfire set to show my cell phone number on caller ID. One, there is one number for the office and several extensions. If they just called into the office, more than likely it's going to go to a different agent. Also, most of my cold calling is local, and most people recognize the first three digits as a Spring cell phone number.

Are you saying that you think it's because it's not a local number showing up that they're not answer?

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

You want your number to show.

Most people do not answer the phone anymore. They let it go to voicemail then decide if they want to call the person back. If you don't leave a message they will call you back and say "Who are you? You just called my number" nearly 100% of the time.

It's a silly game but it's how people use their phone these days.

I have my name and number showing and that happens to me 3-4 times a day. It's a bit of a scramble to catch it.

I have callfire set to show my cell phone number on caller ID. One, there is one number for the office and several extensions. If they just called into the office, more than likely it's going to go to a different agent. Also, most of my cold calling is local, and most people recognize the first three digits as a Spring cell phone number.

At what point would I be justified in spending the money on a dialer? I'm doing around 40 dials per hour to talk to 10 people. Of those only one will be a truly qualified lead.

My dials : answered phone ratio is 4:1.

Thanks

Callfire is pay as you go. I loaded $20 on my account. When it's gone, I'll load another $20. When I get through a majority of my list or all of it, I'll invest in a pay per month for unlimited auto dialer like Mojo or SalesDialer.

If you are talking to 10 people an hour, a dialer may not help as much as you think, other than in organization.

A good dialer pauses when you are on the phone with someone. If you are talking with 10 people, you are probably talking for 30 minutes (3 minutes per conversation) and dialing for 30 minutes or so. A dialer will improve this some and maybe get you to talk to 2 or 3 more people in the hour. Beyond that, you start wasting calls.

If your answered phone ratio is more like 10:1, then dialers are very beneficial and hand dialing at that ratio might get you 4 conversations, the dialer would get you to 10.

Now, it is still MUCH simpler to have a system pounding out the numbers for you rather than manually dialing. You just have to figure out if the benefit is worth the cost to you.

Dan

I just started using Callfire, and I think even if you only used the single dial (it can make up to 4 calls at a time and connect you to the first one that answer) it's worth it just to not have to manually dial the number. You just upload a spreadsheet with the names, phone numbers, and any other info you want to have show up on the screen when you're connected.

Totally worth $2 per hour (or $3 if you dial 2 lines and once or $4 if you dial 4 at once).

Back